Do NOT attempt DIY Brazilian... (1 Viewer)

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
Ok, a humble warning

My story goes like this:

So Summer finally hit my suburb a couple weeks ago (albeit it was a brief affair) and I realised before heading to the beach in my new skimpy bikini I was in desperate need of a bikini wax.
So I rung up my regular beautician and she had NO room for me. (traiterous bitch)
That's when my brilliant idea struck, I would save some time and embarressment by doing it my self, I wax my legs all the time, NOOooo hassle.. right?

Wrong.

During winter I just stuck to a pretty plain trim triangle, but come summer I decided it was time to go all off.
So I went to the bathroom, took a couple panadol, stipped off, and got to work.
All was going well, was down to a landing strip and just needing to do underneath, very proud of my efforts.

So i go to do underneath, now I'm pretty fleixible, but no matter how i contorted i could not see what I was doing properly, even with the aid of some strategically positioned mirrors, so i thought oh fuck it I can do this blind.
So i slop on the wax, slap on the strip, and realise with dismay I have really gotten wax in places wax really should never, never go, and If i ripped that strip off I was going to do my self some serious damage.

So I tried to slowly pry the strip off... to no avail. I chose to use this damn bee's wax thats pretty awsome but sets hard once it cools... and It had set and I was STUCK!

So I pulled and pried around a bit more, and after ALOT of pain and patience finally managed to get my inner lip free from the strip (yes, wax really did stick everything together :-S) But still i was stuck with the problem that I had tried to do the whole lot in one fell swoop ignoring the fact that my wise beautician (yes the long nailed bimbo has a brain) usually does it in smaller sections.

There was no way I was going to rip the strip off.. NO way, as it was not going to come off, So... I decided to have a hot shower to melt the wax and watch it wash away...

Uh.. bad news, this wax is NOT water soluble. So im sitting there, shower nozzle aimed boiling hot at my bits waiting for something to happen, but nup, stuck.

So i get out, try pulling again... the peice of shit strip came off, leaving ALL the wax behind.

So getting desperate i get out my hair dryer and position it carefully trying not to burn my self, but maybe melt the wax. If anything the max melted a bit and went further in.

In the end I had to resort to getting a pair of tiny manicure scissors and pain stakingly hair my hair try to snip all the wax off without trimming my vulva.

It took a long time. Was very awkward.. and 2 weeks later I'm still not convinced I'm totally wax free.

:-(

Don't do it! Leave it to the proffesionals.

On a side note i kindof don't want to go to the beauticians cuz the mess ive made down there is embaressing, anyone got any tips on how the fuck i fix this mess up?
Im not going to attempt waxing again, Im not going to swalow my pride, I have an epilator.. it scares me, and shaving just seems wrong. HELP!

PrettyVacant

HSC
Can't you use like baby oil and rub it into your crotch so it comes off?

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
..don't understand the pasta thing??

And prettyvacant (awsome song!) there was a step where i tried bio-oil, body lotion, shower gel and alovera... but nothing worked and eventually got scared i'd unbalance the um.. delicate ecosystem down there.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Ingoesout said:
..don't understand the pasta thing??

And prettyvacant (awsome song!) there was a step where i tried bio-oil, body lotion, shower gel and alovera... but nothing worked and eventually got scared i'd unbalance the um.. delicate ecosystem down there.
thats what they have canesten for. a little microflora imbalance is nothing too life-threatening

but, :rofl: :eek:

HSC
N/A
I would also go to another beautician. It's like when you screw up your head hair with a lame DIY job - best fixed by professionals before you do anymore damage.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
FireFlower said:
Brazilian waxing hurts like an absolute bitch, so painkillers are helpful (but they don't make a huge difference). Also, don't try it during your period because your pain threshold is lower then. Personally, I like to take either panadene or disprin max about an hour before attempting any painful beauty maintenance.
Does anyone know if numbing cream makes a difference to the pain? I've been told people use it before getting lasered, but I wonder if it would make much difference for waxing (would it get deep enough into the skin to numb the feeling of hair being ripped from the roots)?
It really hurts that much for you?

Wow, I'm fine with the pain. It's like four quick spikes of bad pain then the rest is fine.

I guess it differs from person to person.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
OWCH!!!!!

and prettyvacant: NO WAY!!! you're meant to avoid getting (well, leaving) nail polish remover on the skin around your nails...can you imagine what'd happen if you went anywhere near your bits with acetone-laiden nail polish remover?!?!? i dont want to even START to think about what'd happen if you left it there long enough to discover if it would actually do anything to the wax or not

my theory, just leave it, wash carefully, and pray to god that it comes off by itself (hopefully fairly quickly at that)

Uncle Jonny

HSC
FireFlower said:
I think I have quite a low pain threshold compared to some people (or I'm just a wimp :))

It would probably hurt less if I had it done by a beautician rather than doing it myself, but I'm not really comfortable with the idea of someone else doing that to me. I know beauticians do that sort of thing all the time and its their job etc but I think I'm just a bit of a prude about this sort of thing :S
you do realise what you're probably going to push out your vagina one day....

Maybe you should get used to the pain.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
As the hair grows, shave it (I know, I know), that will get it all back to the beginning, then once that regrows, go back to your beautician, she never needs to know!

lostb1atch

HSC
so you can DIY properly?
i dont like the beauticians much >.<

does DIY work properly though?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Uncle Jonny said:
you do realise what you're probably going to push out your vagina one day....

Maybe you should get used to the pain.
And maybe you should shut the fuck up, my dear...

Some people's hair isn't stuck in very strongly, comes out without much fuss.

Others (like mine for instance) is firmly entrenched, and wont come out without a fight.

I have had a wound stitched up without anesthetic in Thailand, and I find Brazillians more painful.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
FireFlower said:
qft

I've had bone surgery, and I found it far less painful than brazilian waxing.
Yeah, well...

...I've scooped both my eyes out with spoons and eaten them and I found that a walk in the park compared with brazillian waxing.

Uncle Jonny

HSC
We'll ILL have a brazillian then see if what you say is applicable.

ps. alison :(

Lu Lu

HSC
One of my friends uses Emla cream about a 1/2 hour before waxing. She says it really helps. You can buy it from the pharamist at the chemist but it comes in a tiny tiny (like 5ml) tube .

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
eeek, I have made the same mistake as you before. I got to the point where brazillians really just dont hurt anymore, so i decided to save myself the embarrassment by doing it myself. What didnt help was I also had a whiplash injury at the time, so my neck was killing me. I winded up with doing about 3 quarters and MASSIVE bruising. About 2 weeks later I went and got it fixed by a beauticiain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)