• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do opposites attract? (merged) (1 Viewer)

Do opposites attract

• yes - you dont need any common interests with a partener

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • in between - need some common interests and some different

Votes: 43 87.8%
  • no - you like your partener to have all the same interests as you

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters

cko

HSC
wow. I forgot that! yay, i just love breaking feelings of love back down to nothing but instinctive urge to procreate...im a nong*rolly eyes*

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
cko said:
wow. I forgot that! yay, i just love breaking feelings of love back down to nothing but instinctive urge to procreate...im a nong*rolly eyes*
thinking about nothing but biology 24/7 kinda does that to me.

zerzillia

in my opinion you can't be completely different, you'd have to have some similarities interests even if one is an introvert while the other is an extrovert. i like the bookish, quiet, cool guys but sometimes i like the light hearted, energetic type of guys too. i guess i am an odd one.

from the relationships i've seen, many couples are considered to be really different. but like someone said in this thread, deep down they've got lots in common.

slip

HSC
do opposites attract

do opposites attract?

b is kinda like you need to have some common interests but also need some completely opposites

c is that you like your parteners to have all the same interests as you

so vote and discuss

my head tells me that its b

expirence says its not c

and my heart is leaning towards a

Last edited:

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
i was lookin at the poll going "wow thats pretty useless every1 voted the same...." and then i realised i was the only one who voted.

i hav a strange feelin that could get sigged under dumb bec somewhere

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
u cant connect with someone without some common interests, but if u like/dislike allllll the same things it will get so boring so fast (thats from experience folks) a little conflict in interests brings some spice to life. of course, if the differences are too huge then u may just spend all ur time fighting as well. so to sum up...b i guess. though of course there are exceptions

slip

HSC
haha nice one, sigged

if the person is not really objectionable or they are adventurous then it kinda makes a easier

and i think if it appears the way of a, mainly because they or shy or unobjectionable then the better you get to know them the more you will discover you have in common, or the more things you create that become common interests

Last edited:

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
hsc sucks..... its better to hav me in ur sig.

i think u need a balance. me and my bestest buddy troy are almost all opposites and thats good 4 us but the last guy i liked was soooo the same as me in lots of ways, whilst stil kinda diff as well in his own way. i think thats the way 2 go

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
B is the way to go .

too different would just suck. "hi what music do you like ? i like rock" "i hate classical. i love hardcore heavy metal rock" .__." CLASSHH

and too similar would be boring.. "hi what do u you like?" "whatever u like ._. "

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think you need at least something in common. i don't think opposites attract. although that's what it might look like on the outside they always have more in common than meets the eye

i think it also depends on the personality. if you're a very dominant personality you might not be able to get along with someone with the same personality as your own. if you're more laid back you can get along with someone like you.

eViLnUt

Cardplayer
HSC
common interests = topics for conversations (which u can relate to)
different interests = topics for conversations (which are interesting cos ur curious)

HSC
N/A
do they ever!
yeah - dont know why, i guess it's kind of a yin/yang thing... maybe. Me and my boy are different in the sense that im loud and a lot more talkative than he is and he's not. Umm.. i dont know, just - i guess there's something about people who are different that attract you - like, different in the sense of opposite - but not like overly opposite either :p
Like, you've gotta have likes and dislikes that you share with your partner, else it's kinda hard to work together in a relationship...

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
you definitely need common interests but without differences it's hard to have really interesting conversation. little bit of both would work but then again this is all in theory, in practice i've always been attracted to very different (to me) guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)