Do topic tests in Maths count towards an ATAR? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I recently got 20/21 in a General Maths Topic test, and came first in my whole class, so of course I hope it does count in some way. It's not an official assessment task. Any ideas?

Bobbo1

HSC
If it's assessable then yes it will affect you're school assessment mark and therefore your final school mark. If it wasn't an official assessment task then it won't count I guess..

enoilgam

HSC
I recently got 20/21 in a General Maths Topic test, and came first in my whole class, so of course I hope it does count in some way. It's not an official assessment task. Any ideas?
Since you are in Year 11, it wont count to your ATAR. In the HSC, they should inform you when a test counts towards your internal marks.

HSC
Enoilgam, I'm not in Yr 11, I'm doing my HSC this year. And my teacher hasn't even told us whether this counts or not.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You should have received an assessment schedule for every subject by now so that you know what tasks are assessable and what aren't. The school is also supposed to give you about two weeks notice of all assessment tasks.

enoilgam

HSC
Enoilgam, I'm not in Yr 11, I'm doing my HSC this year. And my teacher hasn't even told us whether this counts or not.
Wow time flies - I remember you asking about year 11 subject choices like it was yesterday (hence the mix up). Back on topic, your school should have given you like a guide or something which outlines all assessments which count toward your HSC and the dates.

HSC
Well, it's not an assessment task, it's just a topic test that we did on Credits and Loans. Our first assessment task will be in about 16 days which will cover Credits and Loans, Area and Volume, and Linear Equations and Functions. It's just that I have heard people say that every single test you do in Yr 12 counts in someway or another, so I was just wondering if this would have counted in some way, even if it's not an official assessment task.

enak101

HSC
If it's just a quiz type thing it won't impact assessment mark or ranks and therefore won't affect the ATAR, good job though.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
If it's not an assessment task then it won't count.

jackfrost

HSC
Well, it's not an assessment task, it's just a topic test that we did on Credits and Loans. Our first assessment task will be in about 16 days which will cover Credits and Loans, Area and Volume, and Linear Equations and Functions. It's just that I have heard people say that every single test you do in Yr 12 counts in someway or another, so I was just wondering if this would have counted in some way, even if it's not an official assessment task.
It helps with your ranks. Don't ever think "f this its not going towards my atar."

Sunners

HSC
Uni Grad
If its not an official assessment task it will not count. But its good to have topic tests without them being assessment tasks, my teacher gives us topic tests every week and did us good for our first assessment task.

rebeccatommo

HSC
I know I do better at topic tests in maths then I do the actual test.
but the topic tests in Year 12 at my school are informal, which basically means they are not counted towards my ATAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)