do u have to have CREDIT AVERAGE for going on an exchange (1 Viewer)

dexst8r

HSC
N/A
is a wam or pass average ok?

farrk i want to go

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
velox said:
Im pretty sure all schools want a min of a CR average. But try emailing the international office. I assume they are still in Red Centre.
Actually ignore that, it doesnt seem to state that at all. Must have changed since I was there.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
your WAM is taken into consideration regardless when you're placed against your competition, so higher WAM = more likely you're going overseas.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Hm, do they like offer scholarships if you want to do a semester exchange or anything? where they pay for accomdation and stuff?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Omium said:
Hm, do they like offer scholarships if you want to do a semester exchange or anything? where they pay for accomdation and stuff?
As far as I know, not anymore. At least not through the service itself, maybe certain schools might offer something.

But don't get your hopes up too high at UNSW

whitey1

HSC
http://www.international.unsw.edu.au/exchange/exchangego.html#SCHOLARSHIPS

I snagged one of exchange scholarships when I went in semester 2 2006. It won't cover the cost of the exchange, but will cover airfares and the like.

I nearly got one sponsored by the Australian New Zealand American Chamber of Commerce, which would have covered the living expenses for the whole six months. If you're flexible about where and when you go there are a few externally funded scholarships, the people at the exchange office will be happy to help.

dexst8r

HSC
N/A
so does anyone know if u can apply for a shit school with pass average?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
dexst8r said:
so does anyone know if u can apply for a shit school with pass average?
Yes, as we implied, you can apply anywhere. But if there are only a limited amount of positions available at that uni, and more people than positions apply, those with higher WAM's will fill the places first.

klaw

HSC
Don't just look online, I think that page might be outdated because at one of the general meetings for eligibility they said something about credit averages... I dont' remember what exactly they said about it but you should check with the exchange office.

And if you're eligible to apply then you dont' really have to worry. They usually end up putting you somewhere.. it mightn't be your first or second pref, or even your 3rd or 4th (sometimes they tell you to rechoose your prefs coz you didn't make it into any, but usually you end up somewhere)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)