do u take theory seriously? (1 Viewer)

shikaree_bex

i live in my mind with occasional visits to the jo
Okay, so IP's are way over, GP's are even more over, does anyone really take their theory seriously? I mean, I'm sure we'd all like to do well in it, but is anyone putting in heaps of study towards drama??

It's usually a last minute glance through texts then just wing it, ....maybe it's just me..
anyone else bludge through drama theory??

anyone know how much drama theory is worth??

(i have a week to study drama, as if i won't party!!It's like they are purposely encouraging us NOT to study cos it's the last exam...):worried:

flosh's gurl

personally i love the theory side to drama. maybe thats because i was stuck in a class of people who were such drama queens that it wasn't worth wasting my vocal chords to try and get my ideas heard in the whole acting side of things. theory was where i kicked their ass.

~QuEEN_VoDkA~

Originally posted by shikaree_bex
Okay, so IP's are way over, GP's are even more over, does anyone really take their theory seriously? I mean, I'm sure we'd all like to do well in it, but is anyone putting in heaps of study towards drama??

It's usually a last minute glance through texts then just wing it, ....maybe it's just me..
anyone else bludge through drama theory??

anyone know how much drama theory is worth??

(i have a week to study drama, as if i won't party!!It's like they are purposely encouraging us NOT to study cos it's the last exam...):worried:
Omg, No-one is our drama class gives a shit!!! (wait only the top 3 students) but still, we dont want to know the "dramatic forms" of the plays... we just want to show our own talents and we've done that... I reackon that should've been it!!!! The IP and GP... il read the plays yeah, so what? Am I suppose go in2 life saying, "oh the dramtic forms of such and such, is used to bring out the feelings of those charcters" ... get over it!!! We didnt pick up a pen 4 drama last year, and not much this year (well if i turned up to class)... After our HSC performance, no-one in drama turned up so yeah!!!!!!

*cajunga*

hmm, the good thing about drama theory is that it isn't hard to go well. they don't really expect you to write that well, so all you have to do is write the facts. if you can write well it's a bonus, and you're guaranteed reasonably good marks. all you have to do is read the plays and know them vaguely. i like drama theory cos that's where i go well - no one else in our class gives a shit at all, and i suspect half of the drama kids in the state are the same. so if you write a couple of half decent essays you'll be in the top 20% or 30%.
eh, good luck everyone!:)

Brydie

No one in my drama class cares about theory either and that's probably the only reason I go well in it. Oh, and i think theory is worth 40% of the external mark, 20% for each essay, 30% for IP and 30% for group performance.
:)

gonzalina

no one in my class really gives a damn...but they still all do much better than me. but then....they are also top english students.

flosh's gurl

the only reason i'm in drama is b/c to me its just another extension of english, which i love. i dont mind prac, actually thats a lie. i loved the prac side of everything in 9 and 10 cause our class was excellent. but now i hate it. i have the same problem with pain in the ass extroverts. they take up the whole lesson with attracting all attention onto themselves and wasting time simulating sex with inanimate objects or each other ( the extroverts are of the male species) or trying to gossip with our teacher about her boyfriend (the female extroverts). when we finally get to something in the last 5 minutes they just start up again so all attention is focussed on them. but they dont listen so its excellent b/c its so easy to beat them. they have no idea what a form or a convention is.

farmboywilly

Originally posted by flosh's gurl
the only reason i'm in drama is b/c to me its just another extension of english, which i love. i dont mind prac, actually thats a lie. i loved the prac side of everything in 9 and 10 cause our class was excellent. but now i hate it. i have the same problem with pain in the ass extroverts. they take up the whole lesson with attracting all attention onto themselves and wasting time simulating sex with inanimate objects or each other ( the extroverts are of the male species) or trying to gossip with our teacher about her boyfriend (the female extroverts). when we finally get to something in the last 5 minutes they just start up again so all attention is focussed on them. but they dont listen so its excellent b/c its so easy to beat them. they have no idea what a form or a convention is.
All you guys constantly talking about "pain in the ass extroverts" must have some wierd classes. In my class, we're as normal as can be. I thought all that 'pre-madonna' bullshit had left us... evidently not, how sad!

pinkbella

Dancing naked in the moonlight (can't handle it? d
Nope, pre-madonnas are alive and kicking in my class.

My group once spent an entire GP lesson, three weeks before our trials when we only had 4 minutes down, putting these barbie dolls from the props room into really uncompromising positions. Then we had a great discussion about who in our year was a virgin...
and we wonder why our GP sucked.

I miss year 9 drama :(
I also miss the days when you were allowed to get up, dance around in a circle for a while then chant ur topic a few times...damn, that was good GP material!

farmboywilly

although there are no premaddonas in my class as such, our teacher actually seems to have adopted the same sentiment as earlier students. Constantly acting things out for us and and talking up his days of acting and refering perpetually to the 'abundance' of plays hes directed.
Thank god all that is behind us!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)