• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Do we have to answer questions in full sentences? (1 Viewer)

axekick

HSC
It just seems a bit tedious. Does anyone have a definitive answer that we SHOULD write in full sentences? I'm talking about the short answers questions and such, not the essays, obviously.

axekick

HSC
For e.g. Business, where it may ask a question such as: "Outline ONE method of payment which could be used by exporters to reduce their financial risk."

Do I have to rewrite "One method of payment which could be used by exporters to reduce their financial risk is payment in advance..." or can I just write "Payment in advance is one method..." etc?

medicore

HSC
For e.g. Business, where it may ask a question such as: "Outline ONE method of payment which could be used by exporters to reduce their financial risk."

Do I have to rewrite "One method of payment which could be used by exporters to reduce their financial risk is payment in advance..." or can I just write "Payment in advance is one method..." etc?
For business dot points is good aswell, but i'd recommend writing them in full sentences, I think you'll get away with your method. As it ultimately does answer the question.

enoilgam

HSC
For business dot points is good aswell, but i'd recommend writing them in full sentences, I think you'll get away with your method. As it ultimately does answer the question.
Not 100% sure, but I would probably go with this. Realistically, I doubt the markers will care if you dont put something like that in a full sentence.

Demise

HSC

No, don't bother with topic sentences or intros.

Example:

Question: Outline ONE social influence on Human Resources.
Answer: Changing work patterns is one influence, such as the increase of job mobility and the flexibility of work times.

Done.

axekick

HSC
No, don't bother with topic sentences or intros.

Example:

Question: Outline ONE social influence on Human Resources.
Answer: Changing work patterns is one influence, such as the increase of job mobility and the flexibility of work times.

Done.
I thought so. It just seems redundant.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah Outline Qs etc. I wouldn't waste too much time on. Save the words for essays/worth more marks short answers.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Only if you want to get the full marks with the exception of the verb "Identify"

Rawf

HSC
You can go straight into the answer for subjects like business... like the 2-3 mark questions. But for questions with 4+ marks up for grabs, you better put an intro to make it sound better.
EG: Whats the factors that influence _______?
Ans: the factors that influence ______ is blablalbalblalbalblabla
There's really no harm in writing that... but when they ask for like.. explain 2 reasons why ____, you should also put a dot point on the side of your answer so the markers can easily distinguish the two.
I always start off my sentences so it looks like its addressing the questions. My chemistry teacher says to always answer in full, that is.. if you want full marks lol
What I find that works (for me at least), is to write everything you can to make it sounds like a more 'sophisticated' answer, I always go BEYOND the lines they give you. My economics teacher also told me, it's hard for students to get full marks if they only JUST fill up the lines or write less than the lines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)