do we need permission to do units externally? (1 Viewer)

baka

***el, idiot.
HSC
hey guys, i am doing 3 subjects internally and 1 externally. I didnt ask anyone before i registered for the external subject. So my friend just told me i was suppose to get permission before i chose to do an external sub. otherwise they will not credit me upon completion of the unit. Can anyone advise. Thanks in adv. :|

Timbo650

Supposed to be studying
HSC
N/A
You don't say where you are enrolled, but your friend's advice sounds like it may be more right than wrong, regardless of where you are studying.

Hit the Student Centre at the place where you are enrolled, and ask.

kitty28

baka said:
hey guys, i am doing 3 subjects internally and 1 externally. I didnt ask anyone before i registered for the external subject. So my friend just told me i was suppose to get permission before i chose to do an external sub. otherwise they will not credit me upon completion of the unit. Can anyone advise. Thanks in adv. :|
I think you do need permission because before semester started I emailed my course coordinator/adviser about whether I could do an external subject. He gave me permission and said it was ok.

So if you're unsure contact your course adviser.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I've done like 5 subjects externally and never needed permission. Didn't need to contact the student centre or course advisor and all my subjects have been given credit (ie: marks and on transcript).

dodgyfilokid

HSC
Based from my experience this semester wherein I had to do one of my units at a different campus due to a timetable muck up (its the same subject that gave me pains last semester), I think you need to speak to your course advisor about it as soon as possible...census date is next week so fix it up now or you may have a huge headache to deal with

Timbo650

Supposed to be studying
HSC
N/A
dodgyfilokid said:
Based from my experience this semester wherein I had to do one of my units at a different campus due to a timetable muck up (its the same subject that gave me pains last semester), I think you need to speak to your course advisor about it as soon as possible...census date is next week so fix it up now or you may have a huge headache to deal with
If dodgy had lumps and bumps with being at different campuses, imagine what it could be like if what you want is at a different institution.

One thing I have learned - it is ten times easier to put up with a little bit of grief in setting something up in advance, that try to sort out something afterwards. That and to get everything in writing from minute one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)