• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do we need to know how to derive Binomial Theorem? (1 Viewer)

bcd

HSC
Hey,
Do we really need to know how to derive the Binomial Theorem?
Thx

HayleeKate

HSC
Yeah. Theres not definately going to be a question using it in the exam, its probably not even likely, but there has been before, and its not that hard to remember, so probably worthwhile. Example of its use in HSC exams:
1997 Q5, b)
Theres another one I did for my friend yesterday, but I cant remember what paper it was, but i think it was fairly recent. I'll have a look for it...
But yes, I advise you know it if youre looking for a top mark.

lucifel

narcissitic angel
HSC
it was removed from the syllabus, so actually you don't need to learn it, well you should anyways, but don't have to. I mean learning beyond the syllabus? Who the hell would do that? That has to be like the *silliest* thing EVER! I mean the piece of paper that the Board gives us is *all* we need to survive in the world.

And so, it is out of the syllabus.

bcd

HSC
Actually Q5(b) out of the 1997 paper did not really ask us to derive the binomial theorem. It was mainly just testing algebra.
And thanks lucifel for that bit of information.

Cheers,
BCD

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
lucifel said:
it was removed from the syllabus, so actually you don't need to learn it, well you should anyways, but don't have to. I mean learning beyond the syllabus? Who the hell would do that? That has to be like the *silliest* thing EVER! I mean the piece of paper that the Board gives us is *all* we need to survive in the world.

And so, it is out of the syllabus.
however, in the syllabus it says that u are required 2 be able 2 prove any results, therefore, it may be tested

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)