Do we need to learn everything off the Syllabus for the options? (1 Viewer)

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
My sister, who did her HSc last year (got 89% in legal) has been nagging about me making notes for the syllabus points before "Morality, Ethics and Commitment to the Law'.

My question is, is my sister right? Is there any point in me learning all the other stuff (especially after my sister said that they will never ask questions on the other stuff, and looking through past papers, she is right).

You opinion?

volition

arr.
HSC
that morality and ethics stuff can come in handy in your essays, because as you talk about why something is the way it should be or shouldn't be, you can use it to justify/reject things.

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
its in the syllabus

But the questions never refer to the section before that. I do apologise if I coming off like an a-hole, but I just want to manage my time better and learning specific things off the syllabus is better than learning the whole thing is where I'm coming from.

Looking at the questions that they provide in the HSc, I'm guessing that it would be wise to learn the first part of the syllabus competently and have a thorough knowldge of the stuff after Morality and Ethics.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
No one can predict the questions, just because they have not asked it before doesnt mean they are going to. They also may not examine things directly and obviously but in subtle ways, someone who has knowledge of all topics may tie one topic into another or enhance an answer by introducing an link to another are etc... remember you want the highest marks you can get, you need to show you know your stuff.

Try and learn a bit of it all, I didn't really have an effective study method for legal but I came out with a band 6 so I am not the best to advise on study techniques (I am still learning them now at uni) do focus on frequently examined topics but don't adandon the others, if you are worried about spedning too much time on them try and spend a lest a bit so you have enough knowledge in the exam to attempt an answer.
Good luck :D

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Its not that hard
I suggest just know about it
its a common thread for crime, as well as the options so there is a chance it can come up
they can ask anything off the syllabus including those key questions and issues also
I ended up with 97 for legal and it being my best. Have notes for everything in the syllabus. Learn them, have cases legislation media reports and documents. Refering to this in a response well shows you have a solid understanding of it.

Good Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)