do we... (1 Viewer)

ane_st

HSC
...have to go to our tutorials on the first wk??

Cause i was told that we only had to turn up to lectures, im mainly asking cause my first class is a tutorial..

Does anyone know?

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
im at a diff uni same prob...im gonna be asking at oweek this week if ur not sure may be an idea to ring up and ask... i posted in the uow thread and got a reply that they start week 2 usually...once again i go to a different uni. best idea would be to ring up tomorrow i think

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
You can turn up to your tutes if you want... just that you'll be the only one there. Tutes cover the content in the PREVIOUS week's lectures; since there are no lectures which have occured yet, there will be no tutes in week 1.

There are exceptions for things like MATH1081, where one does go to the SECOND tute in week 1, and both for subsequent weeks.

FeelBare

HSC
Dumsum, would you know anything about my timetable for math tutorials saying "see school for location"? :confused:

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
^ oh I emailed the Maths faculty about it and:

You will find out the location for the tutorials at the end of the 1st week on the first floor of the Red Centre Building notice board.

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
So is that the same for physics, like all the courses with "see school for location"will all be up on the notice board outside the red centre?

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
DraconisV said:
So is that the same for physics, like all the courses with "see school for location"will all be up on the notice board outside the red centre?
not necessarily... cos it said see school for details.... because the school of maths is in the west wing of the red centre... thats why u go there... u have to find the school for physics... which i dun do so i dun noe...

ane_st

HSC
Ok well i just checked my timtable description thingo

And it says what wk my tutorials start

So that told me which ones start wk1 or wk2

Lavenderpup

HSC
Yeah, ditto.
The detailed section of my time table says for all but acct1501 starts week 1 for tutorials, and yet, there's supposedly no tutorials at all in week 1 unless med, adfa or that other reason that wouldn't apply. :/

So is it an error? o_O Or would you go otherwise?

Chris.

HSC
sum1 say if the commerce/eco core subject tutorials start first week please...

ane_st

HSC
I see your also doing social science part

Cause im also doing 'social science and policy' and we do have that tutorial

Last edited:

gman03

HSC
Tut: Just don't go. You wouldn't lose any marks for not going. Big deal you missed the first tut.. is not like you're the only one who "have to go somewhere on that day"...

Lab: I would go. Big deal if I make an ass of myself for being the only guy there, but at least I wouldn't miss any hazard awareness shit..

If you do get in trouble for taking my advice, you can tell your tutor "but gman03 said I didn't have to come" and I will take your fricken responsibility. If you still not sure, well, too bad you have to come early for your 15 hr/week omg-that's-a-long-week-and-I-have-5-hours-gap timetable.

Just chillout and relax. It's just first week, not everyone is going to get things right at first.

xxPanDa

HSC
i dunno, if the uni didnt tell you anything
just go with ur timetable?

im geussing they'll tell us what to do on my first lecture

but then u have a tut first..

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
this year myunsw got smart.

just check week 1 when viewing your timetable and it'll show only the classes you have on that week

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
ane_st said:
I see your also doing social science part

Cause im also doing 'social science and policy' and we do have that tutorial
We do? My tutorial is on next friday at 1pm? Can anyone clarify this for me?

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
although my.unsw have the function to just show week 1 classes/lectures... i reckon it is wrong...

im almost sure there arent tuts in week one... but i guess u really have to check... for most commerce courses the course outlines are already out... which u could see that many tuts start week 2 and even week 3... so go check out the course outlines!!

ane_st

HSC
tallkid34 said:
We do? My tutorial is on next friday at 1pm? Can anyone clarify this for me?
Go onto unsw and check your timetable, scroll down and you will see your timetable written up, check what wks your tutorial is running, ive got mine on thur from 12-2 and it starts at wk1, so yours probably should to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)