do you feel you have ever been treatred differently based on your religious beliefs? (1 Viewer)

discrimination in religion???

• YES

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • NO

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Re: have you ever been treatred differently based on your religious beliefs? VOTE PLE

Iron said:
You wouldnt be refering to our beloved Gateway would you?
They knew where I stood, but still gave me school cap., org all the assemblies/ guests and challenge them. (my favorite being the P&T decision to remove the Aboriginal mural, donated by local indigenous leaders, due to the demonic connotations of the serpant)
Long time no see Iron!:wave:

i was wondering what happen to that mural!...i bloody helped to paint that!!...fucking bastards! The indigenous leaders helped us paint it remember!?..lol

Plus i hate their weird creepy youth group that the Baptist church ran...too bus either screaming & biting each other in over-wild stupid groups, as well as trying to force there damn version of christianity down our throats!

sly fly

HSC
One time I was at the bathrooms in a shopping centre with my Aussie friend. This Aussie woman saw me and just randomly started going off at me - telling me to go home, that ''your men raped our women'', called me a Muslim slut or something like that etc. The woman was probably in her late twenties, so it came as a shock because even kids aren't usually that immature.

K

katie_tully

ogmzergrush said:
I used to spend scripture lessons watching around the twist with about four other kids in a separate classroom. A bunch of us were because they couldn't find a scripture teacher of the correct denomination, and two of the others were because they were not religious.
Oh man! I always wondered what happened to those kids in limbo! I always had to go to Catholic scripture, which was a pain in teh butt.

However in High School I eventually got kicked out of scripture because I asked too many questions and used to argue with the guy teaching it.
Like the time he tried to tell me science proves nothing, and then showed us a scientific experiment to prove the Grand Canyon was created in one day by the great flood. He told us that to try and disprove the idea of weathering causing erosion and sedimentation.

Cockhead. Oh chortle, my language!:burn:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Re: do you feel you have ever been treatred differently based on your religious belie

katie_tully said:
Oh man! I always wondered what happened to those kids in limbo! I always had to go to Catholic scripture, which was a pain in teh butt.

However in High School I eventually got kicked out of scripture because I asked too many questions and used to argue with the guy teaching it.
Like the time he tried to tell me science proves nothing, and then showed us a scientific experiment to prove the Grand Canyon was created in one day by the great flood. He told us that to try and disprove the idea of weathering causing erosion and sedimentation.

Cockhead. Oh chortle, my language!:burn:
boohoo, i didnt ever go to scripture once, in primary school all we did was read, write , play some games etc. then in high school it was compulsory in yr8 or something, but i didnt go and we just had extended recess.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Re: do you feel you have ever been treatred differently based on your religious belie

haha yea i've heard that argument before katie, that a great flood could cause the grand canyon...

some of the layers there are granite - that's some fucked up rain.

Lundy

Banned
HSC

I do distinctly remember there being a "non-religion" group during scripture time at my primary school. However I was made to attend Uniting with a priest who, in hindsight I sincerely believe had pedophillic leanings. He used to make me feel REALLY uncomfortable.

Anyway I digress.

I somehow bullshitted my way through RE in high school and got fairly good marks. One of my teachers had a thinly veiled resentment for me from the moment I said I wasn't catholic. And I always resented being forced to attend mass, being forced to take the sacrament, etc.

K

katie_tully

I went to a Catholic school for a bit, my bro does at the moment.

Apparently the fun thing to do is scream - 'JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH' at top of lungs across playground when a certain teacher is on duty.
Apparently due to its popularity, it has become a suspendable offence.

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
Re: have you ever been treatred differently based on your religious beliefs? VOTE PLE

ogmzergrush said:
lolol, hypocrisy in a thread about religion (regardless of what you believe), I'm calling the papers!
you're kidding right?
oh. wait.
no, you're serious.
and right!
damn... I couldn't possibly have used 'get fucked' in a different way to the way damage was using the same sort of language.
context, kiddo. It's all about context.

HSC

tWiStEdD said:
you're kidding right?
oh. wait.
no, you're serious.
and right!
damn... I couldn't possibly have used 'get fucked' in a different way to the way damage was using the same sort of language.
context, kiddo. It's all about context.
Err... It was nwatts, and they were referring to the same person as you. It's somehow not ok to say "That person is an absolute wanker", and totally inappropriate language, while saying "that way you can be a leet christian AND tell them to get fucked" is acceptable? I'd say wanker is a lot more acceptable than fuck in terms of the use of language, but then I wouldn't really fuss over either of them.

Of course, one is a (mild) personal attack while the other is used to describe a proposed action, so perhaps that's why you draw the distinction, but I'm not sure if that really holds much water because generally I think people would crack a shit regardless of your purpose in using the word "fuck", much more readily than they would over the word "wanker".

But hey, it's your party, carry on chief, if hypocrisy is your thing then go for your life. What would I know anyway ;)

davin

HSC
N/A

american view....i had a substitute teacher go nuts in a religious sense once...someone in my class had asked to read an announcement from one of the clubs (called gay straight alliance) about safe sex. after she'd read it, he said he was gonna add a bit and mentioned abstinance. then he started talking about how god created everything girls like in guys, guys like in girls, said a bit else subtely seperating gay from straight, then he started talking about how jesus died for our sins and his blood was our salvation or something. after about 5 seconds of total silence....me and a few other people trying not to laugh histarically, everyone else just very confused and such...someone said "that was so illegal" and his responce was "you can criticise me, you can fire me, you can kill me, but you can never take my faith away"
i will never understand how it is that administration got to that class before it was over, cuz no one left, but as soon as it was over, they were talking to him about what he'd said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)