Do you find yourself naturally smart? (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Do you think your naturally smart?
state your answer and elaborate.

For me, i'm not naturally smart despite what everyone tells me.
Reason i can get good marks is because of my determination to do well. I got the impression of being 'smart' throughout high school and lots of people compared themselves up against me, and they rub it in my face whenever they get better results than me ... mainly because im asian. = =;;;

In conclusion; I'm a quick learner, I'm motivated, but i'm not naturally smart.

karoooh

HSC
Most people aren't naturally smart - They're just hardworkers, and like you said, have the motivation to do well. IMO and others at my school too, can only think of 2 or 3 girls that are naturally smart and are just brilliant in whatever they do - Damn them.

I'm one of the 'hardworkers'... I just don't seem to be working as hard as I'd hope to lately!

P

pLuvia

I don't think anyone's going to boast about how "naturally" smart they are :p But I'm in the same situation as you shinji :)

speedie

HSC
i am a dumbass. im a slow learner, and i dont pay too much attention in class, let alone being able to follow it. i just keep my notes from school and study really really hard before the test and SOMEHOW, i end up beating everyone most of the time... im just really good at tests, but i suck when it comes to answering questions in class, etc..

so everyone thinks im dumb, and so do i. i just happen to always fluke the tests.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
Most people aren't naturally smart - They're just hardworkers, and like you said, have the motivation to do well. IMO and others at my school too, can only think of 2 or 3 girls that are naturally smart and are just brilliant in whatever they do - Damn them.

I'm one of the 'hardworkers'... I just don't seem to be working as hard as I'd hope to lately!
yes that is my case as well. people in my school classify me as being "smart" mainly because of the marks i get and the responses i produce. however they don't know how much effort and time i put in to prepare for assessments and the responses i write. it's very time consuming and thus if i was to be given a question on the spot i wouldn't be able to answer it very well unless i had prepared for it. i can say that i am slow learner. some people in my school put themselves up against me and because of that i would in no way allow them to take the ranks i have achieved despite how unmoviated i've been and my lack of effort recently, but im getting back on track now. a reason for this is because like you said kent they some will just rub it in your face

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yep, agree with all of you. i wouldnt say im stupid, but im definitely not as smart as people seem to believe. one friend calls me the "essay queen" lol...but it takes me forever to write really good extended responses, i cant just pump one out on the spot. which would explain why i hate in class essays and always spend ages preparing beforehand. i do know a girl though, who is very naturally smart. she could bullshit her way thru anything and get top marks the lucky thing. but imo such people are few and far between.

Amy Lou

Academic
HSC
Nope, but people tend to disagree
I'm just an all rounder and although there are elements of natural ability there I work my butt off most of the time.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
im more amazed by natural allrounders.

there were a couple of kids who did their hsc lat year who made representative football and athletics teams, did good jobs as prefects, and ended up with 99.5+ UAIs. And theyre good looking. Goddamn inequality.

speedie

HSC
Bookie said:
im more amazed by natural allrounders.

there were a couple of kids who did their hsc lat year who made representative football and athletics teams, did good jobs as prefects, and ended up with 99.5+ UAIs. And theyre good looking. Goddamn inequality.
ahahahahahaha lol...

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
shinji said:
Do you think your naturally smart?
state your answer and elaborate.

For me, i'm not naturally smart despite what everyone tells me.
Reason i can get good marks is because of my determination to do well. I got the impression of being 'smart' throughout high school and lots of people compared themselves up against me, and they rub it in my face whenever they get better results than me ... mainly because im asian. = =;;;

In conclusion; I'm a quick learner, I'm motivated, but i'm not naturally smart.

I'm asian too.
And my friends and classmates all consider me smart.
But I guess I have the facade of intelligence, Yeah I get As and 18-19-20s/20 when it comes to the exams and assessments but its just remembering things really..meh.

I'm not academic. I'm a photography whore.

jujujellybean

I'm a speck of sand, surrounded by... more specks
HSC
It sucks either way. I managed to b. s my way through junior school and up until last year I think it worked. Now it's HSC year and I am the biggest procrastinator, I get easily distracted and I can't get motivated. I don't think it's a matter of being "naturally smart". I think everyone has the ability to do well and succeed. It's a matter of determination, if you want something bad enough, then you'll do what you need to do to get it. It sounds corny, but mind power is a powerful thing

mazarina211

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
yes that is my case as well. people in my school classify me as being "smart" mainly because of the marks i get and the responses i produce. however they don't know how much effort and time i put in to prepare for assessments and the responses i write. it's very time consuming and thus if i was to be given a question on the spot i wouldn't be able to answer it very well unless i had prepared for it. i can say that i am slow learner. some people in my school put themselves up against me and because of that i would in no way allow them to take the ranks i have achieved despite how unmoviated i've been and my lack of effort recently, but im getting back on track now. a reason for this is because like you said kent they some will just rub it in your face
exactly the same with me

Pubert

HSC
I don't know if im welcome to post here...

I don't think people who have posted actually realise how stupid other people get...when comparing yourselves to everyone in society then im sure anyone who has the intelligence to post on a forum is considered smart.

Compared to how stupid ive seen people get, then i will consider myself to be abnormally smart, compared to my school then im average.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
bananasmoothy said:
It depends what you classify as "smart".
If by "naturally smart" you mean "brilliant memory", then not particularly, no.
But brilliant memory isnt the same as smart. I can remember the finest details about people about 5 years later after learning them but, I could not however, tell you the equation for the Balance of Payments, which I read last week.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Bookie said:
But brilliant memory isnt the same as smart. I can remember the finest details about people about 5 years later after learning them but, I could not however, tell you the equation for the Balance of Payments, which I read last week.
Capital and Financial account surplus + Current Account deficit = 0.

Couldn't resist, had just finished going over it when I read your post.

360flip

HSC
N/A
everyone is smart in different things not just school work but also sports recreation or whatever such as this boy in my class is constantly the top of the whole class and is doing 4u maths it classifies that he is smart in maths while he isnt much of a sports person! a jock or fottball player who can play the sport fairly well is "smart" in football and possibly other sports my example would be skateboarding a stupid selection but i can fairly learn new tricks easily and have the guts to throw myself of a 14 stair or grind a 9 stair rail and know what the other skaters are talking about! the point is everyone is smart in their own ways and interest!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)