Do you get 100% for 2unit math if you do 4 unit? (1 Viewer)

miegoreng

HSC
I have heard from so many friends and a teacher that you get 100% on the 2 unit course when you get over a certain percentage in the 4 unit course.
This seems reasonable as doing 4 unit math means you can't ace 2 unit, but looking at how the marking system works (3 unit is out of 100 if you do 4 unit but only 50 if you don't do 4 unit), it seems you don't get 100 in 2 unit math HSC.
I would've done 4 unit math if I knew you can get 100 in 2 unit without doing any exams but I just stcuk with 3 unit because double math most days is just too overwelming because of my teacher.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
miegoreng said:
I have heard from so many friends and a teacher that you get 100% on the 2 unit course when you get over a certain percentage in the 4 unit course.
This seems reasonable as doing 4 unit math means you can't ace 2 unit, but looking at how the marking system works (3 unit is out of 100 if you do 4 unit but only 50 if you don't do 4 unit), it seems you don't get 100 in 2 unit math HSC.
I would've done 4 unit math if I knew you can get 100 in 2 unit without doing any exams but I just stcuk with 3 unit because double math most days is just too overwelming because of my teacher.
Who told you that?

If you do extension 2 maths, you dont do 2u maths at all.

Instead, extension 1 is counted as 2 units, and extension 2 is counted as another 2 units.

And I don't think you can ever get 100 in 2u if you do 4u.

HSC
Our teacher told us that your 2u mark exists, and is estimated from your ext1 test results. This does not mean that it will be the same as your ext1 results (obviously), but it would be very high (unless you really suck at ext1).

matutor

HSC
N/A
Take notice of MunchieCrunchie's comments!! I am surprised any teacher would make such an absurd statement. You do not do 2u Maths, therefore you cannot be awarded any marks for that course. Your marks come solely from the 3U and 4U components.

HSC
You still get 2u marks, because if you suddenly drop 4 unit, you will need to have 2 unit marks as well as 3 unit. At this point, they are estimated from your 3u test marks. Or so I was told.

Trajan

HSC
matutor said:
Take notice of MunchieCrunchie's comments!! I am surprised any teacher would make such an absurd statement. You do not do 2u Maths, therefore you cannot be awarded any marks for that course. Your marks come solely from the 3U and 4U components.
Yes, that's pretty much it.

they do however have a little statement at the bottom of your 4 unit/ 3unit HSC certificate that goes something like this:

" if this student had done 2 unit maths he would have likely ended up achieveing a band 6 in 2 unit as well"..if you got the highest bands in 3 and 4 unit...that is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)