do you guys take supplements? (1 Viewer)

year10studentpreparin

HSC
as someone who doesn't ever go to the gym and only sticks to functional bodyweight movements, what is like a baseline 'minimum' for most regular exercises??? suppose I do go to a gym, what should I be aiming for (for bench, squats, deadlift, etc etc)?? (I weight a bit over 60kg lol)
Squat Strength Standards: 1.5 times your body weight. · Bench Strength Standards: 1.2 times your body weight. · Deadlift Strength Standards: 2 times your body weight

These should be achieveable which is a good thing and u will already be ahead of the general population by far

Rattlehead15

HSC
just go for runs and buy your own weights if you want
gyms don't make sense to me. if you lift weights, it would be more economical to buy your own and if you run or cycle, just do it outside and do it for free in the fresh air?
Good point but that only really goes as far as upper body strength exercises. Unless you buy a full on machine, you pretty much have to go to the gym to do leg and hamstring exercises. Also I agree with the second part, I don't understand people who do cardio at the gym, you can just go for a run or bike and it would be a lot more wholesome and refreshing out in the sun with fresh air. Thats why I don't do cardio at the gym, just strength. Also I think there is a point to be made, albeit not too significant here, about the value of going to the gym as something to do to get out of the house or it can be a social activity, rather than lifting weights at home. Is it worth the cost just for that reason? No, but still a factor.

year10studentpreparin

HSC
Good point but that only really goes as far as upper body strength exercises. Unless you buy a full on machine, you pretty much have to go to the gym to do leg and hamstring exercises. Also I agree with the second part, I don't understand people who do cardio at the gym, you can just go for a run or bike and it would be a lot more wholesome and refreshing out in the sun with fresh air. Thats why I don't do cardio at the gym, just strength. Also I think there is a point to be made, albeit not too significant here, about the value of going to the gym as something to do to get out of the house or it can be a social activity, rather than lifting weights at home. Is it worth the cost just for that reason? No, but still a factor.
yeah isolation exercises usually require machines especially for the legs like you said. But yeah my mum who doesnt care about building muscle just cancelled her gym membership bc all she did was cardio and much better to do it outside

Rattlehead15

HSC
yeah isolation exercises usually require machines especially for the legs like you said. But yeah my mum who doesnt care about building muscle just cancelled her gym membership bc all she did was cardio and much better to do it outside
Gyms putting treadmills and cycling machines in was probably the biggest scam and smartest business move ever.

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
Gyms putting treadmills and cycling machines in was probably the biggest scam and smartest business move ever.
It sucks too for body builders. Like I’m sure my gym has like 15 treadmills and 20 cycle bikes however there are only ever maximum 5 people using each at any given time. Then there are 8 benches that are always full, making it a hassle to claim one for yourself.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Squat Strength Standards: 1.5 times your body weight. · Bench Strength Standards: 1.2 times your body weight. · Deadlift Strength Standards: 2 times your body weight

These should be achieveable which is a good thing and u will already be ahead of the general population by far
okokok ill keep those in mind if I ever step foot into a gym lol

year10studentpreparin

HSC
It sucks too for body builders. Like I’m sure my gym has like 15 treadmills and 20 cycle bikes however there are only ever maximum 5 people using each at any given time. Then there are 8 benches that are always full, making it a hassle to claim one for yourself.
ahhh yeah that is true and so annoying.

Rattlehead15

HSC
Luckily my gym is very small and not busy, only 3 benches but usually there's only one other person using them. I could go from anywhere from 5am - 5pm and there will likely be only 1-3 people in the whole gym. Makes it funny when my friends complain about their gym always being busy having to wait for machines etc.

year10studentpreparin

HSC
Luckily my gym is very small and not busy, only 3 benches but usually there's only one other person using them. I could go from anywhere from 5am - 5pm and there will likely be only 1-3 people in the whole gym. Makes it funny when my friends complain about their gym always being busy having to wait for machines etc.
lucky man

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
What routine r y'all using? I need a new routine

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
my friend put me onto R1 protein literally today, not that I ever cared for such a thing, but maybe ill get results quicker if I use it we'll see 🤩🤩

idkkdi

HSC
What routine r y'all using? I need a new routine
ppl
my friend put me onto R1 protein literally today, not that I ever cared for such a thing, but maybe ill get results quicker if I use it we'll see 🤩🤩
coles protein ftw protein is protein lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)