Do you have a Crap english teacher? (1 Viewer)

DO YOU HAVE A CRAP ENGLISH TEACHER?

• Oh my god.. my english teacher is the WORST

Votes: 79 35.1%
  • my english teacher is o'rite.

Votes: 41 18.2%
  • my english teacher is #1

Votes: 88 39.1%
  • give me some candy now!

Votes: 17 7.6%

• Total voters

tegs

Both my english teachers are terrible.
They've been at the school for 22/28 years and are so well ingrained in the school that they'd never be fired, but are absolutley shit.
One sits there the whole time talking about...
"When I was at school 5 of my mates made it into the wallabys, and one of my friends made it into NSW state cricket team, and I was better than him...If i hadn't buggered my hip..." yada yada yada
He barely ever mentions anything to do with English. We read through a text in class and thats it. He gives us no more insight whatsoever.
We are all fucked.

[cpt ans]

crap??? try mine!

seeing that we're all in the mood about saying crap about our english teachers, i think i mite take suum of ur time (and mine) to tell u about mine...

shes a fat, old, trying-to-show-cleavage, cow, fleshy hog-breathed cow (i sed s cow twice, i noe - it conveys my point) of a woman!!!

hear this: a few of our classmates were having a little talk about sylvania - really cool suburb of snooty rich ppl...*dreams of being rich* and then she sed dont talk about that...we were like, um y?

then she went on how she used to live there and one day it was windy and the sand cut her leg and stuff, but she literally sed she was RAPED by sand! and she went on about being traumatised...

RAPED? honestly...no one knew wat to say, should we laugh, cry or point and laugh (i so wanted to do the latter) so we sed nuffin and she went on telling us how we did bad in our half yearlies and started to explain seamus heaney to us. note: the half yrlies were 3 months old and she had already explained seamus to us like a million times...we still dont get it

crap? try our teacher...!

astro

HSC
well i have the same teacher for adv and ext and overall, he's a pretty good teacher

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Luckily, I have a wonderful teacher. Considering the English department at my school isnt crash hot at teaching, I got very very very lucky.

sayuru

HSC
Sydney Boys English Department is a disgrace

I would like to say, i don't care if i get in trouble because everything here is true, our englihs department is truly shocking, one half is too fucking stupid to teach, no joke, i feel kind of slack saying this because although he is a shit teacher his a nice enuff guy, but he did not know wat an antonym was. Recently however, we were given a feature article that would count to 30% of our mark. Not only did we all spend hours doing it duyring th holidays, but when school started they were deciding whether or not change the assignment within a weeks due date. AND when we handed it in for marking, the scaling in the marks was shocking, no other department hands out 0's and has such fucked up marking routines, WEll done ms Kaye and Ms Eggleon your marking is was fucking fucked. You have no idea what your marking. Ms Kaye, or whatever i dont have her as a teacher but i sti dont like her. As she believes she is too good for her profession, she thinks she is above everyone else when it comes ot english hence her extremely uncecassary high standards in marking. She tinks shis the professor of english at sum huge university in america for the way she marks us. Like i said before no other department in our skool hands out a 0 mark out of 15 or 20. Yet the english department who are the most incompetent and stupid do. And these essays weren't great but they still had some depth which the teachers could not pick up on. And how the fuck can u give sumone a mark of 0, iis it morally possible if the person has put in a degree of effort. LOl and also, the recent assignment, a boy in my grade was suggested to include a degree of sophisticated language by one teacher. teh marker wrote "use simpler language i cannot understand," when it made perfect sense. And what reallly PISSSSED ME OFF, was that whenm a few of my friends went to appeal their marks, Mrs Kaye said she RUSHED THE MARKING, HELLO BITCH HSC!! this isnt some horsehit that you can rush because your wasting your own sweet time, peoples lives may depend on your marking. Overal i believe we should have never appointed MRs ross as head of department, not only is she a bitch to some of the students, she has a complete disregard to what yr 12 is like. and her morals and ethics are a bit out of whack. a friend of mine got kicked out of his house the day before, comes in the next day stil in the clothes he wore the day before but he had come to skool late and run up to hand in the assignment, 5 minutes late, this was after teh eng department fucked and made eveyrone block teh corridor for half of lunch because they had the ingenius idea to make the whole grade(200) wait in one room to hand in an assignment. So yeah my friend goe sup the bitch says she cannot accept it, even after he gave an explanaiton, whichi reckon is unecasssary, yoru fukcing english teacehrs not anything more, a bti of discretion isnt going to jeapordize anything.
in conclusion, sydney boys englihs department a fucking joke. Mr Dowdell is another fucking loser who has issues as a kid so decides to take his problems out on us. He never realizes when he comes to tel us to tuck our shirts in that because he is so fat his shirt is untucked and he cant see because his gut is so fucking big, hope he dies of a shitting himself to death or sumin

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
whoa. Take a breather. IS there ONE teacher in the whole crowd that is half decent?

persephone

HSC
my advanced teacher is very culturally superior....thinks she's better than everyone....
my X1&2 is a bum!!! hardly there, doesn't teach. too british for my liking. we just had our x1 exam and seriously i don't think he taught us a thing.

nicksta_40

HSC
my guys a good bloke, easy to get on with, but his teaching isn't great. Talks all lesson, writes down random words on the whiteboard, and usually makes them up eg: paranihilismdox. He usually gives good marks to make him look like a good teacher, but for our half yearlies the head of eng re-marked them, her mark was the final mark, on avg, ppl lost 20% from her, top mark was 78%

SimpaticO

Happy Man
We have a teacher who is the ultimate in terms of his teaching ability however as a person he is anything but great.

the Board requires that we spend one hour a week studying this course but we actually do three hours per week religiously. He takes us through each text in depth, he studies our related texts with each of us, we each submit an essay per week to him and he also guides us as to exam techniques / approaches etc.

But a as a person he is a complete creep. He has absolutely no people skills! He tells us off if we arrive to class 2 minutes late and gets annoyed if we happen to mispell a word in a moment of weakness. He intimidates us becaus he seems to feel that we inferior to him when he thinks that he's so sophisticated.

I suppose though he does help us get higher marks and after the HSC I won't have to see him ever again so it isn't all so bad when I put it into perspective!

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
I sooooooooo envy you Bails... your teacher seems wonderful.
Unfortunately my classes Extension 1 teacher is also our advanced and this disadvantages us because she expects the same application in both classes.

At the start of Prelim Advanced, we thought she was a legend, she saw so deeply into all these texts and it quite simply amazed us.
So we simply did the work she set us and thought along the same lines and got great marks (because we were writing what SHE wanted, not the BOS).

However as we progressed in Extension and thought beyond advanced, we started to see the things that her ideas were clutching at straws.
So we became smarter and thought independently and now she marks us harssshhhlyyy !!!

AND SHES British!!! lol

I'd also like to point out two of the many silly things she has done -

- She once discussed my classmates faults with him after an assessment, and she made a comment. He said "im just following the criteria as set out here, the dotpoints."
Her reply was "ahhhh phooey, you dont need that stuff, dont follow the criteria"
She wasnt joking.

- She was writing on the board about something or other.
I spotted she made a spelling mistake and corrected her, she then joked that i gripe too much.
Then she changed to a serious tone and said that "English isnt about spelling, it doesnt matter" ...

Yesss... im sure, i guess i kan start saying how Lear woz written by my man Willie Shakezpere

SimpaticO

Happy Man
Lol! Our teacher like shows us the criteria after every exam. We even spent an entire twp hour lesson once going through the markers comments from last year so that we could avoid making the same mistakes.

At our school, everything is judged and goes by the marking criteria, we are all getting a bit sick of getting a copy back of the marking criterias each time we get an asessment back. Lol!

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Haha , you're lucky!!
I think she's senile too... she encourages the use of ALL applications of Hemp..
Well anyway, my school has finished all of our trials - i had extension this morning - Time to Partayyyyyyyyyyy!

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
i used 2 think my teacher was crap (back when i had in him in...wait for it: yr 7, 8, 9 AND 10 and only not in yr 11 cos i requested that i be put in a different class!) but he's a lot better at working with seniors than juniors. kinda doesn't care about the juniors. he expects that we put in A LOT of time on stuff ourselves, but im ok with that (mostly cos i like the subject, otherwise id definately be annoyed :p). our 2U teacher was horrible, but she really knew her stuff. then she just retired - went on holidays and liked it so much that she said she couldn't face coming back 2 work...so she didnt! our new teacher is so incrediably crap its not funny. all we do is read through sheets hes printed off from CSU. we dont learn anything. the whole class average has gone down soooooo much. m plotting his imminent demise.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
*laughs* - just read sayuru's post...feel better now mate? methinks you could benefit from some relaxation techniques. maybe those stress ball things - im sure u could get em custom made with the faces of ur teachers on em. think of all the fun u could have...
or voodoo of course. never discount archaic witchcraft as a viable option.

coroneos

my eng teacher has a tendency to swear at students and she broke someone's brand new 3G fone because he was txting his gf or something...

SimpaticO

Happy Man
Lol!

I know this is a bit off topic but my Extension English teacher just saw me using this forum (because I'm on the computers in the library during my study period) and like told me off for my signature. He thinks I'm obsessed by Marilyn.

Anyway, do you guys think this signature is too much? I only put it on like two days ago. He literally said "no wonder you're not getting FULL marks, you have bimbo's like her on your mind".

I was just like um.........................

So, is it too much? Give me your honest opinions please.

TangzBasher

SimpaticO said:
Lol!

I know this is a bit off topic but my Extension English teacher just saw me using this forum (because I'm on the computers in the library during my study period) and like told me off for my signature. He thinks I'm obsessed by Marilyn.

Anyway, do you guys think this signature is too much? I only put it on like two days ago. He literally said "no wonder you're not getting FULL marks, you have bimbo's like her on your mind".

Yes your stupid picture makes me have to scroll down more :p

Anyway my english teachers:

Advanced:
We unnaffectionally call her Ghobs. She is fat, ugly and the stupid marker of all time. She goes on so much about symbolisem it drives you nuts. She is also convinced her interpretation of a text is the only one that will get you makes in a test so she marks you down if you don't metion her hypothesises. Rating -4/10

Extension:
This guy has the ability to make you want to bash him just by saying hello. He is more open minded than my advanced teacher but he is so ANNOYING. He will talk about cricket or boxing for ages and compare them to our ext texts. Whats worse is the way he ignores other people and ALWAYS moves me for "talking too much". Bastard. Rating -1/10

Extension 2
Wow a decent english teacher. Since she is head of the department that is a relief. She helped our 4U class through our major works and gave us all a chance at some decent marks. When she marks the advanced papers though she is pretty harsh :/. Rating 8/10.

1/3 for decent teachers, not very encouraging.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
SimpaticO said:
Lol!

One of my mates just saw the picture and he said "some people have problems." And he also adds: "you're a fucking sick necropheliac who needs either a) to see a shrink or
b) be shot and die a very painful death

Last edited:

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
well, this is an interesting forum LOL ;)

I won't go off on a big spiel about my english teacher, only because it's taken me about half an hour to read everybody else's complaints.

So, I'll just say

imagine extension teachers being a minus

thats my ext1 teacher :mad:

she hates me, for no particular reason, and gives me the crappest marks possible.

she was also my ext2 co ordinator.... so imagine her as the temp on mars at night.... that was her as my ext2 teacher (she was sooo bad... she hasn't even READ my major work yet, although we handed it in for marking over a week ago)

so :vcross:

there we go, i feel better now :D

m-logicq

My Ad teacher is excellent. She is really, really good. She's a great person to get to know, and she's an excellent judge of character. She can pick anybody and everybody after about 10 minutes of meeting them. On top of this, she has a great understanding of our texts, gives us questions that aren't taken from text books and really cares about our results in all of our assessments.

As for my ext. teacher...she is fucking pathetic. Yes, she is a very intelligent woman, but she has no idea what she is doing. She knows the texts and she knows allthe critical theories, but she doesn't even begin to attempt to TEACH them. She's a complete loser. She actually looks freakishly like Michael Jackson. I once asked her to moonwalk to the chalkboard and instead of sending me out, she failed me in my Yr 11 half yearly.

She'll come in about 15 minutes late, huffing and puffing, and then she'll start on about some bullshit story of a truck jack-knifing on the highway. Scary thing is, she actually BELIEVES it!

A couple of days ago, I was down the shops and I saw her at the Liquorland buying Gin...SIX BOTTLES OF THE STUFF! I walked in there to get a Solo and she saw me and started breathing real heavy, then I turned around, turned back and the gin was at the counter and SHE HAD RUN AWAY!

She's a complete fruit-loop! She then made up a rumour that some kids made up a rumour that she didn't get her degree. She then told us (in five seperate lessons) that, and I quote; "I don't know where this rumour has sprung from, I suspect it's one of the people in this classroom who hates me, but I think it's ridiculous...I mean, I got distinctions." What the fuck lady...I hate you so much.

Anyway, enough of my ranting...I'm sure there are people iout there in a much worse situation than what I'm in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)