Votes: 24 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 60.0%

• Total voters

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
HerO said:
Any1 know if u can transfer files from Windows 98 2 Ipods?...How are u meant 2 get the songs, like burn them from cds...
This question? No sorry. I don't know how to transfer anything other than music. Kinda lame cos that memo and date planner can really come in handy

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
funky_a said:
This question? No sorry. I don't know how to transfer anything other than music. Kinda lame cos that memo and date planner can really come in handy
Yeah i'm talking about music files, like mp3s, how do u transfer them?...is it possible on Win 98...

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
HerO said:
Yeah i'm talking about music files, like mp3s, how do u transfer them?...is it possible on Win 98...
Ohhhh. Yes you can. I think Windows 98 is the minimum requirement or whatever. You'll get a disc that installs iTunes and then you just use that to transfer songs on. It's all that drag and drop thing. And yeah, via USB.

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
funky_a said:
Ohhhh. Yes you can. I think Windows 98 is the minimum requirement or whatever. You'll get a disc that installs iTunes and then you just use that to transfer songs on. It's all that drag and drop thing. And yeah, via USB.
K thx...where did u get urs by the way?...any cheap black markets u know of?...:cool:

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
I got mine from the Apple Store in Burwood. They do those student discounts. I got the 6gig iPod mini for $320 ish. I think the RRP is $399. And no, I don't know of any cheap black markets, unless I count my shifty friends of other friends or my dad's shifty friends.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Come to think of it, I didn't particularly want one, because I had my MP3 player and I was too broke to buy one anyway. But when my dad suggested he buy me one for my birthday, off course I wasn't going to reject. And now I love the iPod, especially since my one is pink.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
heimoana_87 said:
how many yrs will an iPOD last before the battery stuffs up!??
Stan.. said:
Depends on how often you use it. But on average 3/2 Years. (Ipod Mini)
...?

If Ipod mini's have not been out for three years, then how do you know that's an average expiry date of the battery ? Since an average would be a measure of lots of results of when batteries die, I'd like to see your evidence.

An Ipod battery is like any other battery in a digital device - the cell has a lifespan determined by when it was produced in the factory. You can make this shorter by not looking after your battery, but the only set time limit is a number of years after it's production - and most likely, by the time it runs out, you will have a new device.

HerO said:
Any1 know if u can transfer files from Windows 98 2 Ipods?...How are u meant 2 get the songs, like burn them from cds...
Yes. You install the software, and transfer files. There are various other free programs around the Internet that let you transfer music also. You can send the songs through USB, or through Firewire.

heimoana_87 said:
what if you use it 3 hrs evryday!?
The batteries will last several days without charging. The best solution is come home, plug it into the computer, and walk off (or do what you would usually do on a computer), and let it charge, and unplug it before bed.

heimoana_87 said:
iPOD's are soundin less n less reliable to me
Only because you are getting misguided facts from people who do not have Ipods. That is not saying they are necessarily incorrect, but if you want information about the reliability and practical use of the Ipod, read replies of people who use them every day, not people who don't have one and would recommend something else.

Of course my opinion may be biased as I've not had any problems with my Ipod (had it for the better part of a year now) - but don't base the reliability of Ipods from three or four users on a forum. Read around and get some varied opinion.

</2 cents>

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I got a MiniDisc just before the First Generation iPod came out and have been regretting it ever since. I am pretty sure I am gong to buy the Generation Five iPod when it is released:).

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
MedNez: don't you need at least Win2k with SP4 for ipods?

oh yeah, i have a 1st gen silver mini. it's my best buddie.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
how exactly do you "look after" your battery? someone said that in this thread, while I was reading it all through.

I have to charge it every night so it can last through the next day. And I'm hardly on transport for 18 hours.... (which is when I listen to my ipod)

I don't think I'll complain, cuz the battery life ONLY JUST meets my own personal requirements, but I'm guessing if you can "look after" your battery, things can only get worse?

Sorry I don't exactly know anything about batteries.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Merethrond said:
I got a MiniDisc just before the First Generation iPod came out and have been regretting it ever since. I am pretty sure I am gong to buy the Generation Five iPod when it is released:).
yeah... even Hi-MD (where you can store files and stuff) will be dead when sony starts to push UMD for the PSP.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Yeah, biggest waist of $650 in my life:(. When I think of what I could have got with that money:mad:!

Stan..

HSC
MedNez said:
...?

If Ipod mini's have not been out for three years, then how do you know that's an average expiry date of the battery ? Since an average would be a measure of lots of results of when batteries die, I'd like to see your evidence.

</2 cents>
Just a stab in the Dark. I commend you for pulling me up on that. I figure that if Ipods run on a bigger battery, And Ipod Minis run on a smaller battery. And if on average the Ipod battery lasts 2 years, Then the Ipod Mini should last for either 2 1/2 or 3/2 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)