Do you have the 2008 Success1 book? (chem) Share some answers please? (1 Viewer)

frogbutt

Ugliest Member
HSC
Could you please tell me the correct answer to question
from the 2007 hsc:
21. c)

22 (both parts)

and 17?

(I've only got the 2006 version of success1 so would appreciate these answers from someone)

also, what do you think the number of significant answers for q. 22 should be? There's only 1 given in the question but that would make the answer change heaps.

HSC
N/A
Why not buy/something ... eh, screw it; mooch, then.

(a)
Na2CO3 + 2HCl --> 2NaCl + H2O(l) + CO2(g)
(b)
Soln. | Identity
1 | sodium carbonate
2 | hydrochloric acid
3 | lead nitrate
4 | barium nitrate
(c)
Although sodium and barium ions can be identified, lead ions are hard/harder to detect, and often not seen; and hydrochloric acid doesn't give a flame test, so lead and hydrochloric acid cannot be positively identified.

(c)
3.0mL
Answers only, as requested; thus no working out.

(a)
3.0g/32.07g x 24.79 L = 2.3 L
(b)
Even though more fuel will be used as the number of vehicles increases year by year, this reduction in sulfur content from vehicular emissions should lead to lower levels of sulfur dioxide gas in the atmosphere. This will be beneficial to the environment, as the air quality will improve, notably in cities and urbanised areas. This decrease will also result in less acid rain, which forms from sulfur dioxide gas (eqn.), and so there will be less damage to living things and humanmade structures, particularly those made from marble/limestone.

frogbutt

Ugliest Member
HSC
Why spend money buying a book which contains papers from 2007 back....
WHEN IVE ALREADY SPENT MONEY BUYING THE 2006 ONE????! That would be pointless and such a waste of money. I have EVERYTHING but the 2007 answers! And it's not like you can easily GET answers from anywhere else...well, other than other past paper books.

But thanks very much yep, it was just the answers I was after to check stuff.

THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES

HSC
N/A
frogbutt said:
Why spend money buying a book which contains papers from 2007 back....
WHEN IVE ALREADY SPENT MONEY BUYING THE 2006 ONE????! That would be pointless and such a waste of money. I have EVERYTHING but the 2007 answers! And it's not like you can easily GET answers from anywhere else...well, other than other past paper books.
Shut up, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I detest unappreciative ingrates, especially if they misinterpret things.
But thanks very much yep, it was just the answers I was after to check stuff.
No problems.
THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES
No need for hyperbole.

P.S. I got past-exam books for free.

frogbutt

Ugliest Member
HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Shut up, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I detest unappreciative ingrates, especially if they misinterpret things.

eeek sorry! i didnt mean to sound rude or anything. i was actually making that comment generally (not addressed to you) just explaining why exactly i wanted these answers and why i havent bought the book (i suppose i could have worded it with less exclamation). although to be perfectly honest, im not happy about being told i'm 'mooching' when i thought i was asking something quite reasonable - a favour i'd return to anyone who didn't have answers to any years from 2006 backwards.

sorry for the misunderstanding, thanks again. i got my success1 free too :) from a cousin...lol thats why its outdated.

oh and there IS need for hyperbole. i am an awful chemistry student and i really appreciate you typing those up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)