Do you have to do the option syllabus the school gives? (1 Viewer)

tylee

HSC
In physics we're doing Quanta to Quarks and i don't seem to find it interesting at all. I really want to do medical physics.
Is there a way to change it or do i have to follow the school because i already got the research task???

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
you can change it for the HSC, however you have to comply with whatever the school is giving you.

barcyy

HSC
Just secretly learn it or get tutored for it and when it comes to the HSC you get to choose which option to do so just do the Medical Physics section from the test.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Just secretly learn it or get tutored for it and when it comes to the HSC you get to choose which option to do so just do the Medical Physics section from the test.
true

leehuan

HSC
hahahah i dont approve him as well
It's his first year teaching hsc physics
great life ahead you know
Not a good first impression by starting on the option :(

sharoooooo

HSC
We did something similar at my school. We did the core topics in the right order. But he also taught us dot point 4 of Quanta (which is I think the moderator, control rods etc) . And then left the rest of Quanta till term 3/4.
So it's okay.
You can do any option you want for the actual hsc

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
In physics we're doing Quanta to Quarks and i don't seem to find it interesting at all. I really want to do medical physics.
Is there a way to change it or do i have to follow the school because i already got the research task???
You must learn it with the class because, I believe, internal assessments/exams for your school will have the Q2Q topic only since thats what they decide to teach. However, the option, you can not know just generally well, you have to know it like the back of your hand, so it is risky if you do decide to study Medical Physics yourself or with a tutor. So you have to learn both, Q2Q for internal, then Medical for external - from what I know. I might be incorrect, but I'm pretty sure, I saw some selective school papers and they only featured the Q2Q topic in their internal examinations

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
It depends on how your school assessment is done. Consult your teacher first and see what they say about it. I was lucky enough that my teacher, a HSC marker, was willing and able to mark completely different option topics for all of us in an unbiased manner. Is your teacher willing to do the same? If not, then just stick to the in class module.

leehuan

HSC
One thing to keep in mind though, is that by electing a different option for the real HSC you could be putting yourself at a disadvantage. Although not enjoying the concepts in the option he chose is also arguably disadvantageous in itself, just keep in mind what's worse.

You will have to somehow slot in the extra time required to take up medical.

leehuan

HSC
It depends on how your school assessment is done. Consult your teacher first and see what they say about it. I was lucky enough that my teacher, a HSC marker, was willing and able to mark completely different option topics for all of us in an unbiased manner. Is your teacher willing to do the same? If not, then just stick to the in class module.
There's also the case of some teachers being unable or just extremely unwilling to associate with other options.
My teacher was happy for people to do Q2Q (even though nobody did and we all stuck with astro), however he just avoided medical.

(Age of silicon and geo are just no go zones in my eyes)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)