• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Do you have to repeat 1st year? (1 Viewer)

slab

HSC
If I was to transfer from Bachelor of Business and Commerce (ACU or UWS) to UTS Bachelor of Business (UTS) after the first year, would I have to do the first year at UTS, or would I be in 2nd?

I'm having a tossup between this, Macleay College and UTS Insearch.

witide

HSC
When you transfer they'll tell you what subjects will count at UTS. It could be all, none, or some. Chances are you'd be stuck in first-year limbo, not quite first, not quite second.

slab

HSC
When you transfer they'll tell you what subjects will count at UTS. It could be all, none, or some. Chances are you'd be stuck in first-year limbo, not quite first, not quite second.
So there's the chance that I could be put into 2nd year (MAJOR year) but also having to do some 1st year subjects?

witide

HSC

slab

HSC
Amirite? Yes?

witide

HSC
Depends, it would be your second year at university, but your subjects could be a mix of first and second year. I did the same and it's only now that I can start doing exciting second year things. Take a look at the course guides online and see how similar the subjects are. You might be lucky and have a smooth transition.

slab

HSC
Depends, it would be your second year at university, but your subjects could be a mix of first and second year. I did the same and it's only now that I can start doing exciting second year things. Take a look at the course guides online and see how similar the subjects are. You might be lucky and have a smooth transition.
Thanks, I'll have a look.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)