Do you know how to tie a tie? (1 Viewer)

Do you know how to tie a tie?

• Yes

Votes: 53 72.6%
  • I used to...

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 17.8%

• Total voters

u-borat

Banned
HSC
windsor knot ftw.

it takes like 5 minutes to learn....nd tis a lifetime skill. xD

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Yes it's so disgusting wearing it for school, when I first wore it, I was too ashamed to say I couldn't do it, all I did was tie a neatly knot that LOOKED like I tie a tie. Eventually I was taught how to do it when performing sex acts with older men, they taught me how, the professional way.

Nereis

HSC
Its kind of funny how everyone is in love with the windsor knot. Given its formality you'd think that people would avoid it like they avoid suits. Personally, I find that a four-in-hand has the dressy-ness of a tie without the overly stiff, corporate law feel.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
windsor knots work best with good tie (not school ties or cheap work ties) it needs to be a good quality thick tie to get the shape right, i still tie a windsor for work with the cheap ass work tie because it works sort of ok...

catcholic schools since kindie helps..

lala2

Banned
HSC
I just do what my Dad taught me to do...four years of high school taught me that. I think it's the Windsor knot I do, but I can't remember...like, if you give me a tie and ask me to tie it, I can do it with my hands but I can't remember the actual steps...muscle memory here it is....

LAmey08

HSC
Nashie said:
windsor knots work best with good tie (not school ties or cheap work ties) it needs to be a good quality thick tie to get the shape right, i still tie a windsor for work with the cheap ass work tie because it works sort of ok...

catcholic schools since kindie helps..
It's always the catholic schools :)
Yeah I hate my school tie, my windsor looks soooo shit sometimes.

xxxx8888

HSC
no i don't, even after needing to wear one for 6 years.

my dad tied my tie in a windsor knot (i think? the one that looks perfect). i never undid it. i just carefully unloosened it so i could take it off. and threw it in the wash with it still in the knot.

it looked so perfect. it only came undone once by accident because i unloosened it too far and i freaked. but my dad did it again hahaha.

edit: and i used to wonder why everyone else's tie looked so ugly and mine didn't.

Last edited:
HSC
xxxx8888 said:
no i don't, even after needing to wear one for 6 years.

my dad tied my tie in a windsor knot (i think? the one that looks perfect). i never undid it. i just carefully unloosened it so i could take it off. and threw it in the wash with it still in the knot.

it looked so perfect. it only came undone once by accident because i unloosened it too far and i freaked. but my dad did it again hahaha.
Me too

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
yes.

fuck having to wear ties when you're a chick, seriously. :/

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Wow it turns out I'd been using those two for years and not the evil thimble sized shitty knot. Love private schooling.
Tbh I never even knew until I read some shit about it after watching American Psycho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)