• Weekly

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Daily

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aanthnnyyy

HSC
Well I'm in year 12 now (t4 of y11), and I'm playing a few games of Dota on Friday and Saturday night that's it like 1 or 2 :/

zhertec

HSC
Australian unis do not have good computer science courses (atar of 85~) and the degree has low value. I develop apps for iOS and Australia just doesn't have companies who employ app dev's. So I would go to the U.S. and they would want students from only the best uni's. So I will have to go to a U.S. uni. That's the general reason.
Did you really just judge a course by its atar -.- ? Wow..,OP you do realise that atar does not represent the prerequisite intelligence required for the course, but is dependent on the demand right....? And playing games does not really affect your studies, if you play in moderation. It allows a healthy relief of stress (as the HSC is an extremely stressful period) that allows you to clear your mind, enabling you to be more focused when studying.

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
\ It allows a healthy relief of stress (as the HSC is an extremely stressful period) that allows you to clear your mind, enabling you to be more focused when studying.
That's what we all say to our parents. But that never changes their minds. "No game, study! study! You get 100 hsc and you be doctor. You have family, 20 kids then you play game."

I'll be like :speechless:

CanU_Not

HSC
Well I play inconsistently-am pretty much in the same boat as Kitty. Play intensely for a few days, get bored, give up, rediscover, rinse and repeat. Very casual/non-committal.

But to be fair, playing games is just as bad as junk reading (i.e sappy, barely-literate books (usually fluff/comedy or fanfiction lol) that's amusing and stress-relieving but pretty much nothing else.) I think you just need to recognize games are designed to be a time-sinker and should therefore tread carefully if you choose to play them during your HSCs.

As they say, everything in moderation :)

theKingPin

HSC
Yea exactly. Gaming helps relieve stress and helps brain function. Like pro CS GO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)