• Half-Half

Votes: 32 36.4%

• Total voters

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ms 12
It sounds like you need to get out of HSC mode. You don't need anything more than a pass at uni, you get the same certificate as some with HD average. Thats the only good thing about uni!
unless you want to further your studies beyond your basic bachelor.

kkorpz

Casual Wanderer
HSC
i dont really understand what u people are moaning about.. if u dont like uni, either quit or keep working.. the 3 or 4 or however many years ur degree is, it will come to an end and you will have massive amounts of knowledge to use in the future and your fields of work.

Studying is a bitch.. and even if u have come straight out of higschool and into uni, you should still be motivated to study and do your best. I dont understand how studying in highschool is any different to studying at uni.. and anyway.. you have more time at uni then highschool..to study and have fun.

So i still dont understand what the problem is.. I rekon you people are just whingers trying to spam this place with your general complaints..

kkorpz

Casual Wanderer
HSC
Oh and If you dont like the degree that you are doing, change it to something else.. I'm sure there was a reason why you picked it in the first place. There are ways to continue doing the degree you want and actually get the specific job you want.. and there are other courses you can take with your degree so that it becomes very individualistic and since you followed it and made it the way you wanted.. its yours and if it all works out in the end.. people can follow what you did in order to achieve the same thing.

so.. try it.. make it on your own..and be motivated!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Dingo2004
everyone saying business is easy shit
but im finding it hard
not that its hard to understand
but its hard as in u gotta read alot !
and i hate reading
dam i should have done I.T.

Originally posted by Merethrond
I voted "YES".... There is more reading expected in my subjects than I expected though....

While I am not enrolled in the Business degree, I am doing all of the subjects. I must agree that there is a lot of reading to get through, but I still am enjoying it:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
There are about 26 or so people in my tutes, too many for everyone to get involved in the discussion. One of the tutors was saying that there should only be about 12 people in each tute for my course.....
Oh, OK, I have between 20 and 22 people in each of my tutorials and I have not problems. 26 people isn't really that bad in my opinion:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by ...
i like uni

but like the pace of things r pretty fast and that they expect u do know something and that if u dunno it already, they dun give a fuck..unlike high school
That is because there are too many people for them to personalise with each student. Plus, you are old enough to know what is expected and keep up now. (I think) The way they see it is, if you want to work then good, but if you don't want to work they can't make you, so that is fine too:).

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by kkorpz

Studying is a bitch.. and even if u have come straight out of higschool and into uni, you should still be motivated to study and do your best.

A little thing called HSC burnout.

So i still dont understand what the problem is.. I rekon you people are just whingers trying to spam this place with your general complaints..
You wanna know what I reckon? If you don't want to read our opinions, you can fuck off. Its a forum....do you know what a forum is? A place to express different views. You don't blast people for having different experiences to yours. You could have put this post in much nicer terms but instead you chose to attack.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
unless you want to further your studies beyond your basic bachelor.
yep, my point
Originally posted by kkorpz
I rekon you people are just whingers trying to spam this place with your general complaints..
who triple posted?

this is a forum, it's a place to express views, if people don't like uni, they don't. everyone is different, there are always going to be people who don't like it, and people who do.

if you expect people to listen to and value your opinion, you also have to value theirs and try to understand it. i just think that last sentence was a bit harsh. i'm glad you like uni though, as do i.

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
I don't know about you guys

but i seriously miss my teachers and school

like just the feeling u get at school and the environment like that feeling just b4 lunch or seeing the same faces everyday

unis so different its hard to explain but its had an effect on my emotions a lot :(

Eeko

Banned
Originally posted by sugamama

like just the feeling u get at school and the environment like that feeling just b4 lunch or seeing the same faces everyday

unis so different its hard to explain but its had an effect on my emotions a lot :(
man u're definitely queer

it's been wat 3 month?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I miss school because I miss my friends, I miss being a big fish in a small pond lol, and I miss being able to ask my teachers for help whenever or on whatever....

But if I were still at school I probably wouldn't want to be there lol.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC

yeah i miss my teachers and friends i saw everday. it's like uni is unknown. but i like the teching style at uni, and the new people

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I like what my school was, but I have moved on. The day I finished I knew in my soul that the school part of my life had died, and have not looked back since.

I did go back once though, which was good. The place is very different. I wouldn't want to be there this year.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC

youre not the only one :)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
Believe me Ive thought about it, but Im scared I won't go back and that won't be good in the long run
The bad thing about deferring is that when you go back to University, you will be a year behind all your friends. However, your case is different because you said you don't know many people going to Wollongong University anyway, and because you are doing a combined degree:).

Leanne

HSC
i'm over the initial hype of uni.....its gr8, sure....but i'm not exactly going 'YAY! I've got sociology next!'
Dont get me wrong- i'm not saying that i hate it or am bored with it...but now i realise that it isnt such a big deal after all........

(ok, yes i may be slow....)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
i have exams starting in 2 weeks, so i have to start learning soon.
Me too. My first round of exams start in one and a half weeks:eek:!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Cookiez_n_Cream
now for Financial Accounting I've got a huge ass book that i have to learn in one semester!
Also, we got through one chapter every lecture (one chapter is like 60 pages)!!!
That sound like my Financial Accounting class. What textbook do you use:)?

suz

HSC
The workload is hectic, I have so much to do i don't know where to start lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)