Do You Support the Death Penalty? (1 Viewer)

Do u support the death penalty

• Total voters

Garygaz

HSC
Extreme circumstances.

i.e terrorism, and when I say extreme, I don't mean planning, I mean where it's at the stage where they have explosives and are virtually going ahead with it. Serial killers, yes, rapists, no. If you take someone's life then why is your life so much more valuable? Let them have a taste of their own medicine. In terms of Nguyen, that was wrong, drugs shouldn't be an offense you can die for.

The only thing that really puts me off is the whole notion of someone being killed for a crime they didn't commit, and it has happened before.

Plus why should $60,000 of tax payers money per annum be spent on scum bags who murder and rape children so they can live in a nice compact box, under supervision with three meals a day and medical checks? Kill and be killed.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
i like how everyone says "extreme circumstances", lol

imo whether circumstances are "extreme" should be decided via a big brother style SMS poll of the general populace

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
but in year 11 legal studies they said that the jury only decides if they're guilty or not and the judge decides on the sentence

so rly it'd only be up to the judge wouldn't it?

BET YOU DIDN'T THINK OF THAT YOU FASCIST

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Captain Gh3y said:
but in year 11 legal studies they said that the jury only decides if they're guilty or not and the judge decides on the sentence

this is true, and rightly so, juries are stupid (sometimes) - too easily swayed by petty human emotions, which can be good when it comes to things like finding people not guilty when even though they technically committed a crime, clearly they dont deserve punishment. but horrible when it comes to dishing out punishment

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
that's why i lol @ everyone who comes into thread and just says "in extreme cases", what the hell is an extreme case, a case the media beats up harder than another, or...

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Yeah. See.

Ok.

Extreme cases.

You've got Anita Cobby. That was a fucking horrendous and slow way for anybody to go. Is it possibly the worst murder in Australian history? I doubt it, but for some reason it's the most infamous of recent times and when it first happened, people were screaming bloody murder.

Why? Coz the media played on the beauty queen/nurse/lovely young lady/these guys are scum, and suddenly everybody called for the death penlty.

But nobody can tell me that murder was an 'extreme case' over the countless other murders of young females that get half as much media exposure.

edit: tbh, i wouldn't mind if the anita cobby murderers died. or got anally electrocuted.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
katie tully said:
Why? Coz the media played on the beauty queen/nurse/lovely young lady/these guys are scum, and suddenly everybody called for the death penlty.

But nobody can tell me that murder was an 'extreme case' over the countless other murders of young females that get half as much media exposure.
spot on

you'd get death penalties for murdering an attractive young white girl, but not a black one, coz the media doesn't care about coloured ppl ;)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:

Yes this is a legal system unable to be flawed! One judge decides whether or not you live or die. Far be it from me to suggest a majority decision in a society lol!

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I can not remember if i have posted in here... no i do not support the death penalty.... we are just as bad as a murderer if we kill someone, it is simply the easy way out of having to deal with what they did.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
locking them up for the rest of there life... i don't mean 25 years either.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
locking them up for the rest of there life... i don't mean 25 years either.
I find people who argue against the death penalty because locking them up for the rest of their life is a bigger torture to be the strangest beast in this debate. I mean, is torture something we should be promoting? Because surely an even BIGGER torture would be if we systematically abused them every day for the rest of their life.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I am not saying torture.. they should be punished and accountable for what they have done.

Also what if we find the person to be innocent after we have killed them?

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
I find people who argue against the death penalty because locking them up for the rest of their life is a bigger torture to be the strangest beast in this debate. I mean, is torture something we should be promoting? Because surely an even BIGGER torture would be if we systematically abused them every day for the rest of their life.
The fact that locking them up is a far larger penalty isn't the only moral reason behind it, I think.

Systematically SEXUALLY abuse them?

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
Another big reason why I don't support an active death penalty. Why punish the families of criminals?
what about the families of the victims?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
In that case, at least imo, punishing one innocent to make another innocent feel better doesn't achieve anything. Better to just leave it alone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)