Do you support the use of Torture ? (1 Viewer)

voize

HSC
Torture and interrogation are two separate things. I guess this is about interrogation so no I'm not for it. Torture is just a sadists way of saying "You're my favorite"

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
Guantanamo was a massive fuck up, everyone knows this.
well duh, and people were held, are being held, and tortured that have not been proven guilty, hell theres most likely no legitimate evidence, or more importantly a legitimate crime to charge them with

just because its a 'fuck up' doesnt make it irrelevant, people/countries 'fuck up' a lot.

HSC
You must be joking?

Innocent till proven guilty? No?
'

nah man you're all talking about interrogation and im talking about torture in general. it doesnt even need to have a purpose ie extracting information. if im sick enough i can torture someone for the fun of it etc.

Gloves

HSC
'

nah man you're all talking about interrogation and im talking about torture in general. it doesnt even need to have a purpose ie extracting information. if im sick enough i can torture someone for the fun of it etc.

ohhh, so torture for a laugh.

fair enough.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
we discuss far heavier things in s&c, like alcohol and sport
its really very riveting to have 24 or so apathetic teenagers in one room.
robust debate ensues...
Bahahahahahahaha
Alcohol and sport aren't heavy, dear.
That's like calling political correctness a serious issue.

HSC
ohhh, so torture for a laugh.

fair enough.
:confused:

anything that isnt torture for interrogation purposes

plenty of people have been tortured just for lolz and revenge and to set an example and shit.
japs used to do it in ww2
we used to do it back
wasnt a good time to be taken prisoner

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yeah I think that it's good for solider morale too - potentially on both sides.
The tortured can unite in solidarity against the outrage, while the torturers bond and pass the time with sufficient amusement

It's about bringing people together imo

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Yeah, I've always been so outraged at interrogation torture, but never even considered my position on torture for fun. Hmmm, this is going to take some lengthy pondering. Hmmm...

HSC
interestingly enough i was listening to bbc on the radio last night 91.7fm i believe

and they were discussing (with the help of a neuroscience lady) the human brain in regards to cruelty. very interesting. the brain can be made to regard being cruel as normal. if you look at cruelty through time in regards to things like genocides, the peoples commiting the genocides have held the belief that they have been wronged by the people they are killing. they believe that the people they are targeting have done something so bad that they deserve it. this is what people like hitler use to their advantage blah blah blah

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Zimbardo is mai fav :eek:

{even though he's clearly satanic}

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
There were some problems, but he's been vindicated imo
Humans are inherently evil
Therefore God exists

HSC
The stanford prison experiment hardly classifies as a real scientific experiment, tbh.
Well I wouldn't call it scientific either (I wouldn't call almost anything to do with psychology scientific)

But it is certainly suggestive of how social context is important re: the construction of acceptable behaviours, and the placing of limits upon what individuals feel they can legitimately do.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The BBC aired an experiment that set out to prove the SPE wrong. Like bigbrother in a prison, but for ethical reasons the guards were basically stripped of all power and the prisoners eventually took over and then they pulled the plug and claimed " YAY we can work it out!" re power relations
Cant remember what it was called, but it was much more rubbish. Bunch of lefty fuken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)