Do you think HSC eng paper 1 2009 was trying to differentiate between students who (1 Viewer)

boredusb

HSC
memorize an essay vs students who study the texts when they ask for 1 related text the natural thing to do is to write more on your prescribed text and write more for your related tha you would had you been asked to give 2 related texts i think this exam will show who writes an essay and memorizes it vs who actually reads the texts

04er

HSC
Re: Do you think HSC eng paper 1 2009 was trying to differentiate between students wh

memorize an essay vs students who study the texts when they ask for 1 related text the natural thing to do is to write more on your prescribed text and write more for your related tha you would had you been asked to give 2 related texts i think this exam will show who writes an essay and memorizes it vs who actually reads the texts
i think you forget that smart people not only memorise an essay but also have read the texts.

HSC
Re: Do you think HSC eng paper 1 2009 was trying to differentiate between students wh

+1

alisondance

HSC

really good question actually. I think you may be right...

Scinery

HSC

The intention was to differentiate between people who knew their texts and people who didn't 1) Most people memorize an essay with 2 related texts 2) Their understanding of either of these texts does not extend beyond what they have memorized Hence, by asking for ONE related they are looking for a DEEPER understanding than if you had a memorized response. However if you had the knowledge to discuss 2 related texts in as great depth as they are looking for, you won't be penalized.

boxhunter91

HSC

Yeh it would of been.

Last edited:

chavias

HSC

I wrote on one text, but don't worry - as long as you wrote a high quality response, where both texts related to the q. You SHOULD be fine.

Last edited:

jessica.anne

HSC
N/A

The question wanted 'at least one' text. Therefore, you will not and cannot be penalised for having 1,2, or more related texts. I was going to write on one text, but read the question again and picked up the 'at least one' part - then thought it best to write two just in case - because you never know from year to year if/how critical the markers will be.

Hope everyone went well though!
The paper said "ONE", not "at least ONE".

zomgliekwtf

HSC

I think it tried to...but it wasn't too successful. Most people I know just re-wrote their pre-written essays, got rid of the 2nd supp text, repeated the question with different words here and there and perhaps added another paragraph.

chavias

HSC

The paper said "ONE", not "at least ONE".
Wait, I am thinking of paper 2 - sorry.

Edit: In Paper one, i wrote on one supp. text.

Sorry.

nosh22

HSC

I think it tried to...but it wasn't too successful. Most people I know just re-wrote their pre-written essays, got rid of the 2nd supp text, repeated the question with different words here and there and perhaps added another paragraph.
Thats what I did. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)