Do you think i'll get busted up for making up my related texts? (1 Viewer)

Will I get owned?

• Yes, yes you will!

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • Most definitely not.

Votes: 44 56.4%

• Total voters

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i rekon its what u have to say
there are thousands of kids doin eng
and if they don't believe they are not going to go out of there way to find it

Bone577

HSC
N/A
If you make something up, then make up a documentary and say it was "on Dateline" at a certain date.

I did it last year and nothing happened.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
You need to be able to refer CLOSELY to your related texts ... most markers will be able to pick out when you haven't got a clue what you're talking about ;)

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Yeah I wouldn't suggest making it up either, but if you MUST, be clever about it. Don't make up some book or some movie, rather make up a article and just say which magazine it is from and make a date up.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
if you did it welll enough im sure you can do it. how are they going to check lyrics but a local band or an article in some local street press mag??

i think its possible. you poll options are a bit blunt.... unlucky if you get cought though!! maybe you shouldnt have made it so public?? there could be spy's

Driftz`

Ahh.. i really doubt you can get caught out, i mean.. with so many english exam's to mark.. i doubt the markers would go out of their way to analyze and lookup the "fake" related text lol.. goodluck with it though! :wave:

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
Me personally... i think u will get caught.. there are hundreads of markers for it... they will know every possible text and know ever thing about it... if not they will look it up. I know this... our teachers have told us they look up every unfamiliar text and find if it is real or not. Cheat and make em up... u'll get not as many marks as someone who followed the rules. They know the texts... the answers must refer to the texts... they know if u know the text intametly or not.... lying gets u no where. CHEATER

Squary

HSC
:)

i heard about one marker who caught this guy who had memorised an article from a surfing magazine and who wrote it as their creative piece. He only new because he had read that article in one of his son's surfing magazines. You can take your chances, but knowing that my teacher is one of the HSC markers I wouldn't - he picks up everything.

sassy31

nah its cool my brother made up some piece of art and said that i painted it like 200 years ago and he did So well in his HSC

stainmepink

HSC
hahaha!!! if u do get away with it, post it here and i'll give u a green block.
cheers

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Argonaut said:
Most teachers would know the difference between the genuine article and something made up. One of the guys in my class tried to pass off something he made up as a real ORT and when the teacher quizzed him further he couldn't answer anything about the text other than what he had written down.
i cant imagine a HSC examiner quizzing paper they are marking. i dont think you would be able to write as good structure with something made up (unless u have been making it up for a while)...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
why put all the effort on making sure your fake related text sounds credible by tying up all the loose ends, being all careful and shit when you can just watch a damn movie?

Last edited:

*ashlea*

HSC
it seems like alot of trouble to go to, but if u feel more comfortable writing about an imaginary text then do it.. the markers will never know.. and even if they did it doesnt matter, u could write a book yourself and then do your essays on it.. it doesnt matter as long as u answer the question asked.. marks arent awarded for how amazing your text is.. they're for how well u can write about it in relation to the prescribed texts and the rubric..

Danoz The Great

HSC
I made up the plot of my Journey ORT - I have the book at home, but the night before the exam I realised I didn't remember any of it, except the first chapter and the main character's name.

One teacher commented on a great choice of ORT and said she bought the book on the weekend. (O'Con, trev)

Sar_28

HSC
na

if you know what your talking about then whoz gonna know??? but seriously, would it be that hard to just find a few related texts??? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)