Do you think this is fair? (1 Viewer)

apollo

Gidday folks :)

I'm doing the HSC at TAFE, and in two of my classes I am competing against someone who is over the age of 50.

If you're doing modern history or geography this year, you're up against her too.

Does it strike anyone else as slightly unfair that students sitting the higher school certificate have to compete with someone who is over 50? This woman has 30 years more experience with the English language and life than the rest of us! She lived through a large portion of what we are studying in Modern History! She has an unfair advantage over the rest of us.

Maybe I'm just fucked off because she's stopping me from topping all my classes.

Does anyone else think this is unfair?

losty

WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!! why the fuck is someone over 50years old allowed to even sit the HSC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that doesnt make sense

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by losty
WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!! why the fuck is someone over 50years old allowed to even sit the HSC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that doesnt make sense

A mid-life crisis will make a person do crazy things :D

kini mini

HSC
I don't think it's unfair really - it's no different to compete against people with far better skills in written expression. In all subjects, you will encounter people with natural talents of some sort. Just having been there probably isn't that much of an advantage, in fact I'd say that if she's sitting the HSC at the age of 50 she can't be that serious competition can she?

I think the higher school certificate is still open to people who didn't finish high school, and if she's 50 she probably didn't! Seems to me it's worth letting people of all ages make up for lost educational opportunities.

is a roflcopter
HSC
sif lose to a 50year old
show her some allnighter cramming skills

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Don't stress about it. I reckon good on her for going back and getting her HSC. And if you're worried about unfair advantages just think of it as motivation to do better

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Just think of it this way ... They are thirty years behind you! :D

is a roflcopter
HSC
and they wouldnt know the modern vernacular......like..........BLING BLING :D

Ebonics

They could of done research on that new vernacular.

*Imagines a 50 year old man going 'Wazzup, my homies! WESTSIDE!!' to his fellow Tafe classmates. :p

Juliet

HSC
You know i guess its a bit weird. But just think how she feels?:eek:

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
I bet she is only doing it so she can get her name in the paper for been the oldest person like that 70 year old man last year :D

The only advantage i can see is if she did live through the area she is studying, she would have first hand experience of the attitude of the time, so will probley grasp in better :confused:

But im thinking that she would be at a disadvantage also, she probley has kids and that and other priorities. So it really won't be that big of deal me thinks...... As long as you's beat her this year :D (i don't have to worry about her now that i think of it :p)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Ebonics

*Imagines a 50 year old man going 'Wazzup, my homies! WESTSIDE!!' to his fellow Tafe classmates. :p
How often do YOU walk into to class and say that. Honestly :D

apollo

Hrmm... Thanks for the replies :)

I guess I am just shitty because I can't beat her in modern history or geography.

But hey, no one will take away the crowns of english and economics.

:)

Ebonics

Originally posted by YEAR12

How often do YOU walk into to class and say that. Honestly :D
Hmmm, come to think of it, probably only a few times, but i know guys who do that all the time. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)