Do You Think You'll Do A Postgraduate Degree? (1 Viewer)

Postgrad?

• Yes, I've got it pretty much planned

Votes: 26 36.1%
  • Maybe, Maybe Not...

Votes: 35 48.6%
  • No.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Sif I'm planning so soon

Votes: 6 8.3%

• Total voters

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
I'm enrolled in a postgrad diploma (might go onto a masters maybe) at the moment...and I'll be starting my CA next yr.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Im only in y 1st session of uni but at the moment i would like to go onto a PhD...it just depends on how the next 4 years go, but the plan is to do one

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
my course already has honours, so that would probably be enough
unless i hated working then ill consider studying for masters, but thats highly unlikely

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Maybe yes, maybe not.

I have no idea, I'm not even sure about what degree I want to be doing now!

I'll have to make it through undergrad first lol. :p

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I'd consider an LLM at usyd/unsw

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
at the moment, no. I'm already spending 5 years at uni as it is, and i want to start teaching as soon as i graduate (after all that's what i came to uni to prepare to do). i have briefly, vaguely thought about possibly doing honours in performance studies if i can...but that would probably come later down the track, if it happens at all.

xoa

HSC
I'm thinking of doing postgrad echocardiography, or some other professional development course which becomes available. I'm definitely not going to return to uni fulltime.

rozymisty

HSC
I will be for sure. I want to become a midwife, so that involves one year post-grad, but you get to work 2-3 days paid in the hospital which is good.
And I also want to do a degree in paediatrics as that would be very interesting.
Plus most hospitals now offer some inservice days and funding for postgraduate studies which is really good.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I might, depending on what I decide to major in. I'd like to, mainly because it'd be cool to have Doctor as a title.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
watatank said:
(if you're talking to me)

eh.. don't know really. Psych is looking like something I could do well in and has v good job prospects.

average salary appears to be something like 40 - 70 K with the option of more.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
Ennaybur said:
(if you're talking to me)

eh.. don't know really. Psych is looking like something I could do well in and has v good job prospects.

average salary appears to be something like 40 - 70 K with the option of more.
I would also like to actually have the 'doctor' title.

You can call me Doctor Ennaybur.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I'll probably end up doing some sort of postgraduate degree depending on what direction I take after my undergraduate studies:

- If I decide to go the public health direction then I'll be required to do a MPH (master of public health)
- If I become a physician and decide that I want to gain a decent position at a teaching hospital then I'll probably end up doing a PhD in an area related to Neurology/Psychiatry/Infections Diseases
- There is also the third possibility that I could become disillusioned with med and try to enter a post-grad philosophy program

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
KFunk said:
I'll probably end up doing some sort of postgraduate degree depending on what direction I take after my undergraduate studies:

- If I decide to go the public health direction then I'll be required to do a MPH (master of public health)
- If I become a physician and decide that I want to gain a decent position at a teaching hospital then I'll probably end up doing a PhD in an area related to Neurology/Psychiatry/Infections Diseases
- There is also the third possibility that I could become disillusioned with med and try to enter a post-grad philosophy program
I'll probably become disillusioned with philosophy and do postgrad med.

HSC
Yeah I'm looking towards Psychology, perhaps even Philosophy. Call me Dr. Iheartpaulfrank. :p Hah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)