Do You Value Your Life? (1 Viewer)

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Many young people, aged between 15 - 18, have lost their lives needlessly, causing untold grief to their family, loved ones and friends.

synthesisFR

HSC
yes
you’ve only got one life, live it to the fullest and be the best person you can be yknow
sometimes simple is better if you get too philosophical it gets worse sometimes.

ACTUALLY builkding onto this what ARE YALLS THOUGHTS ABOUT THE IDEA THAT SMARTER PEOPLE GENERALLY SEEM TO BE MORE DEPRESSED/LONLEY OR WTV IVE HEARD THIS SO MANY TIMES ON REDDIT (MY FAUKT FOR USING REDDIT BUT THE POINTS STILASTANDS)

wildwestworm

HSC
sometimes simple is better if you get too philosophical it gets worse sometimes.

ACTUALLY builkding onto this what ARE YALLS THOUGHTS ABOUT THE IDEA THAT SMARTER PEOPLE GENERALLY SEEM TO BE MORE DEPRESSED/LONLEY OR WTV IVE HEARD THIS SO MANY TIMES ON REDDIT (MY FAUKT FOR USING REDDIT BUT THE POINTS STILASTANDS)
Plenty of people are absurdists or nihilists but in an optimistic way. You could say they're smart enough to see that that life having no meaning is a good thing, which means they're a lot less depressed technically? Tbh I don't think it's true in general, everyone's life is so different

MJRey

HSC
I value my life and the time I've been given on this earth. Enough said.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
OK. Some of you may be wondering why I put up this seemingly crazy post.

Well, you may have read from time to time, young people like most of you, going on a joyride in your friend's car. He has perhaps just got his red P-plate a few months back. There are 3 or 4 of you joining the ride. Maybe it is some time late at night. Your friend thinks he is a pretty competent driver, and thinks he is able to deal with most of the contingencies he has been taught or can think about. If you are unlucky, this car may end up hitting a power pole or a tree or whatever. If you are lucky, you survive unscathed. If you are unlucky, you may be dead.

Well, yesterday a 16-year old died after the 17-year old driver lost control.

My advice is: please avoid getting into a newly-qualified (less than 2 years) friend's car. You may choose to not heed my advice. That's your choice. I've been pointing this out to a student of mine over the past 12 months; she may be sick of hearing it by now.

Life is precious. One foolish, but innocent decision, may cost you your life. So please take care.

idkkdi

HSC

ye probably for the top 1%ile

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)