Do you want to go to uni? (1 Viewer)

Season

HSC
ssejamafone said:
dig my own grave...
Same

I once said to my parents that I could be a hairdresser and go to TAFE...

they thought it was the funniest.... thing.... ever...., could not stop laughing

But on the off chance I did fail life.. (lol), I'd run away, never show my parents my score, repeat year 12 in a far away city, ace it, then show parentals my awesome mark, then go to university.

I know you feel feel the maturity oozing off me now

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Season said:
Same

I once said to my parents that I could be a hairdresser and go to TAFE...

they thought it was the funniest.... thing.... ever...., could not stop laughing

But on the off chance I did fail life.. (lol), I'd run away, never show my parents my score, repeat year 12 in a far away city, ace it, then show parentals my awesome mark, then go to university.

I know you feel feel the maturity oozing off me now
God, I've been thinking about putting that down during the graduation ceremony. "Robin wants to become a hairdresser so he can cut his hair himself, which basically means that he will never get a haircut ever again." XD

Season

HSC
magpam said:
sadly yes I would go that far to avoid the parental wrath

but I feel its different for my family, my family has always valued education, they have given me the best education they could and they firmly believe that its the best thing they could do as parents.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Season said:
sadly yes I would go that far to avoid the parental wrath

but I feel its different for my family, my family has always valued education, they have given me the best education they could and they firmly believe that its the best thing they could do as parents.
Lol you have Asian parents? o_O;

I'm in the same boat, esp since my grandad passed away some time during this year and I didn't go back to Taiwan for his funeral. Not to mention my dad's working his ass off in Taiwan to pay for my tuition fees... I'd be pretty screwed if I don't do good -.-;

Season

HSC
Chinmoku03 said:
Lol you have Asian parents? o_O;
no, but I'm an immigrant kid, which is pretty much the same thing

my mum was the first kid to go to uni from her town, she graduated when she was 16, and supported herself completely while rest of family stayed in small town

my father's side was jewish, they were rich in Hungary, were chucked out by Russians in the war, came to australia with nothing, worked their little asses off and become rich once again

aaahh jewish relatives...

"but **season, we don't have a doctor in the family yet...though in all fairness law is also quite acceptable"

*bangs head on wall*

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Season said:
no, but I'm an immigrant kid, which is pretty much the same thing

my mum was the first kid to go to uni from her town, she graduated when she was 16, and supported herself completely while rest of family stayed in small town

my father's side was jewish, they were rich in Hungary, were chucked out by Russians in the war, came to australia with nothing, worked their little asses off and become rich once again

aaahh jewish relatives...

"but **season, we don't have a doctor in the family yet...though in all fairness law is also quite acceptable"

*bangs head on wall*
So... your parents want you to be a doctor? Do you want to be one? o.o

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
noir. said:
I dont think threads like these that contain personal experiences [Gilbert1] can change minds.

It hasnt changed mine, and it wont. If uni isnt the place for me, then that'll be discovered once i have actually been to uni as a uni student.
I wasn't trying to get everyone away from uni but more for people to think if they actually want to go to uni. If the answer is yes, then they should go and enjoy it.

But just I didn't like uni and a couple of my friends are still there always complaining how they don't like uni and don't know why they are there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)