• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

do you wear glasses + how much do you study for? (1 Viewer)

do you wear glasses?

• yes

Votes: 127 65.5%
  • no

Votes: 67 34.5%

• Total voters

bettina44

HSC
i just curious as to how much you guys study for and whether you wear glasses or not and if you do how strong they are.do you think that how long you study for/how smart you are links with bad sight?

for me,i have quite strong lenses,-3 but i don't study that much,maybe 1-2 hours and i'm not that smart.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
i usually dont really need to wear glasses while studying coz im short sighted, but i've lately started to wear them all the time coz i cant be bothered putting them off and on again

Aplus

HSC
N/A
No I don't wear glasses and I study 2-3 hours a day.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
im short-sighted so i only need them to see things at a distance, i.e. the board, tv etc. so i don't wear them when studying - a time frame that varies dramatically. Strength? hmm like a 1.5 i think the guy said, the right one is stronger than the left.

Last edited:

bored of sc

HSC
Yeah, I'm short sighted so I need it to see relatively distant things with better clarity (e.g. classroom, television, driving etc).

As for studying (including homework, assignments and study for nearby tests), I do approximately 1.5-3 hours when busy and about 0-1.5 hours when not busy.

Last edited:

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
im short sighted, i wear mine 24/7.
i have very poor sight.
unless its right in my face, i need to wear them.

i study about 2 hours a night, more if ive got things coming up and less if ive got a major work.
im first in every subject im taking but maths.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
i wear glasses for reading and stuff but u forget they are on so i ussually just leave them on and forget to take them off.

I got mine at the beggining of year 11. my optomistrist told me that my eyes would of always been this but i would notice it seen i am reading and doing more school work more it makes my eye muscle tired and takes longer to focus.

I do about 2-3 hours a night of study btw

KnifeySpoony

HSC
I wear glasses, never used to have to..i blame Blizzard and my lack of self-discipline and control ;<
And i think it'll only get worse..with SC2 and D3 coming out...T_T
I usually wear them all the time..but i take em off at times during sport and when i go out etc, must invest in contact lenses =/
how much are they nowadays? my bro was telling me off how aparrently theyre "expensive" ;<

-tal-

HSC
hmm im really bad. left: -4.5 right: -3.5 so seriously, I practically need them for normal everyday living. Put it this way, size 12 times new roman font has to be about 10-15cm in front of my face before i can see anything properly.

I study about 1-1.5h on average most nights. But I'm a little lazy =]

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
-tal- said:
hmm im really bad. left: -4.5 right: -3.5 so seriously, I practically need them for normal everyday living. Put it this way, size 12 times new roman font has to be about 10-15cm in front of my face before i can see anything properly.

I study about 1-1.5h on average most nights. But I'm a little lazy =]
-.- i feel you pain.
basically, if its further away than my hand infront of my face, im fucked

selablad

HSC
I'm short-sighted :D (like practically everyone else on this thread...) I don't know how strong they are, but I've been told that they are pretty bad (even my other short-sighted friends wince when wearing them :) ).

As for my studying, well, it's sporadic...I pretty much do only what I have to do. But I balance it out by using my spare time to do nerdy things, like reading and programming and playing with my calculator :D

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
I'm -3 in one eye and 0 in the other .. yeah i know that's weird. But I really only wear it when on the computer, watching tv or copying stuff off the board. I don't think I got them from studying :p

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
im short sighted, i wear mine 24/7.
i have very poor sight.
unless its right in my face, i need to wear them.

same here!!!

i study 2-3 hours a day

HSC
I've worn glasses all the time since I was four, my left eye is significantly worse than my right - in fact I think that up until I was 12 there wasn't any modified lens on the right side, and even now its very minimal.
As for how bad my left eye is, well i had to do an eyesight test to get my L's, and I almost failed it WITH MY GLASSES ON!. So you get the picture.

Devouree

Good names already taken.
HSC
Hmmm, even though I don't have to wear glasses all the time, ever since I got them a few years ago I dont take them off except to sleep (and things like shower :p).

I study very little :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)