Do your parents pay your fees? (1 Viewer)

Ethicks

HSC
It struck me today that almost everyone I could think of have/had their parents paying/paid their fees up front for them so they don't have any HECS debt. For me I have to pay my own way and have to work for everything I get. Curious as to how many people on here don't have a HECs debt?

photastic

HSC
I try not to let them so i'm on HECS. I prefer paying it off myself but I have enough 'savings' from them which I don't want to use.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
lol you evidently don't know enough people then

hungry

HSC
No, none of my uni-related stuff is paid by my parents (thank you centrelink for paying for my textbooks haha)

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
No, none of my uni-related stuff is paid by my parents (thank you centrelink for paying for my textbooks haha)
isn't taht a loan now?

I think it's fucked that parents who don't help their kids getting a better education. Maybe not pay for your entire tuition but at least life support stuff. I find it disgusting that parents who have the capability to financially support their kids education pawn it off to the government. Dat white people logic, send your kids to a 20k a year private school yet don't support them in uni. lawl wat.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Can we really quantify how many people one should know? Not everyone I know studies.
Fair enough, my point was just that it's not as one sided as he makes it out to be. Although I'm sure from a statistical point of view, there is in fact a number that would be useful (sample size).

hungry

HSC
isn't taht a loan now?

I think it's fucked that parents who don't help their kids getting a better education. Maybe not pay for your entire tuition but at least life support stuff. I find it disgusting that parents who have the capability to financially support their kids education pawn it off to the government. Dat white people logic, send your kids to a 20k a year private school yet don't support them in uni. lawl wat.
for the textbooks? No I get youth allowance and pay for it with that. My parents otherwise wouldn't be able to afford uni supplies

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I'm pretty sure the majority of people actually pay their uni fees through their HECS debt rather than upfront. Not sure where to find the stats though but I personally do not know anyone who has paid upfront.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
for the textbooks? No I get youth allowance and pay for it with that. My parents otherwise wouldn't be able to afford uni supplies
There used to be a 1000 dollar "start up" scholarship at the start of every semester, don't know if it's still up.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty much everyone I've talked to is putting it on HECS...

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Apparently my parents had been saving for it for a while, so I will probably be able to use that to pay off my fees... which was a very nice surprise.
Be greatful ,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)