Dodgy things that happen at work (1 Viewer)

zaqwerty

HSC
Anything dodgy happen where you work?

I used to work at a place where I was told to sell raw chicken that smelled off.
We used to have to take raw meat OUT of their packets, roll them with a rolling pin, re-seal them and then x-amount of days later, cook it and sell it - leaving plenty of room for random crap to end up on the meat (because the broiler we had didn't cook the meat properly otherwise).
I always found bugs in the lettuce and tomato.
We had a tomato cutter that had lost one of the crucial pieces that made it safe to use. Yet we were told to use it anyway.
Once, my friend cut herself on said tomato-cooker, and the owner told her not to tell anyone she hurt herself at work.
Not to mention, having to work til 4am and public holidays without penalty rates.
One of the other places the owner also owned didn't even pay penalty rates to their staff when they worked on CHRISTMAS DAY. Didn't even give them something extra, absolutely nothing.

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
i always fall.

i'm a clutz. :(

Mond0

HSC
I was put in the deli the other night and they didnt tell me hygiene stuff...they didnt make sure i washed my hands, changed gloves, didnt wear excessive jewellery etc.

There was also a chicken leg on the floor along with some prawns, meat scraps etc...this is where you serve people, not even 'out the back'

Even if i dropped a piece of meat on the bench i was supposed to put it back in the bag (for the evening). It was qutie iffy.

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
zaqwerty said:
Anything dodgy happen where you work?

I used to work at a place where I was told to sell raw chicken that smelled off.
We used to have to take raw meat OUT of their packets, roll them with a rolling pin, re-seal them and then x-amount of days later, cook it and sell it - leaving plenty of room for random crap to end up on the meat (because the broiler we had didn't cook the meat properly otherwise).
I always found bugs in the lettuce and tomato.
We had a tomato cutter that had lost one of the crucial pieces that made it safe to use. Yet we were told to use it anyway.
Once, my friend cut herself on said tomato-cooker, and the owner told her not to tell anyone she hurt herself at work.
Not to mention, having to work til 4am and public holidays without penalty rates.
One of the other places the owner also owned didn't even pay penalty rates to their staff when they worked on CHRISTMAS DAY. Didn't even give them something extra, absolutely nothing.
this is as much your fault for not reporting it, as it is the owner's.

stop complaining and harden the FUCK up

zaqwerty

HSC
I don't work there anymore because of that stuff.

And we did do something about it.

There was a lot of staff there who were the "backbones" of the business and we all got together and quit at the same time and the owner was left with nobody.

My sister and I are going to report the place.

I wasn't complaining, I was merely stating some things that happened there and wanted to see if anyone else had anything dodgy going on in their workplace.

CieL

HSC
Not really..

Only thing I can think of on the spot is how I used to work for a italian food court shop thing.. They had a crate of capsicum which were all half decaying and mouldy.. they told me to just chop off the bad bits and slice up the good bits to put on the pizzas n stuff..

That was also when I nearly fainted chopping that shit up lol

Beckerella

HSC
I get a lot of skeezy people coming in. Last week I had some guy say "You're quietly intelligent underneath" whilst looking at my chest. And I thought romance was dead.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Dodgy stuff? Well not really. Our managers are kinda strict on food handling etc., but I sometimes wonder how they don't notice if a bun has a big mould mark on it before making a burger and making us sell it...

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
supercalamari said:
Dodgy stuff? Well not really. Our managers are kinda strict on food handling etc., but I sometimes wonder how they don't notice if a bun has a big mould mark on it before making a burger and making us sell it...
agreed. did chicken open this morning.

omg. the fucking chicken wings were green. like.. wtf?!

Numbers

Banned
HSC
shinji said:
agreed. did chicken open this morning.

omg. the fucking chicken wings were green. like.. wtf?!
where do you work?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Numbers said:
where do you work?
woolies.

lol.
needless to say though, i dumped all the out of date stock out. My rule of thumb: if i wouldn't buy it, i won't sell it.

Numbers

Banned
HSC
shinji said:
woolies.

lol.
needless to say though, i dumped all the out of date stock out. My rule of thumb: if i wouldn't buy it, i won't sell it.
when i began work at kfc a year ago, i had the same sort of philosophy: if i wouldn't eat this, neither should the customers. however, as time passed and as the customers started to flood in at peak hour, it was hard to stick by my rule. :(

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Numbers said:
when i began work at kfc a year ago, i had the same sort of philosophy: if i wouldn't eat this, neither should the customers. however, as time passed and as the customers started to flood in at peak hour, it was hard to stick by my rule. :(
haha true that man.

but i guess it's easier for me to dump everything bad in the morning and then just rotate during the day, so no old stuff is left behind.

thing is, i'm one of the few people who do it. it's annoying. but they're startin to crack down onto people hough.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
I work at woolies and don't see much dodgy stuff. Then again I don't work in deli or anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)