Does a girl look more beautiful when she's in love? (2 Viewers)

Does a girl look better when she is in love?

• Yes

Votes: 48 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 24 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pinkyforce7

HSC
Bainesy said:
No offense but your clearly a nutter. You think that the behaviour of when you talk to a guy can tell you his relationship status? Thats absurd, and the fact that you cannot see this is very worrying

Your whole theory is based on the fact that men behave differently when they are single compared to when they are not. Except there is a flaw in this logic, and its quite big, gargantuan big. men are all different, they behave differently. Your 'ability' to judge the relationship status is effectively classing male behaviour as homogenous when they are clearly not.

furthermore, you cannot make decisions based on behavioural actions without first establishing behavioural standards. What this means is that if you dont know how a person acts all the time, you cannot claim that they are acting differently when you first meet them.

Its like if you get a new parrot, and it bites you the first time you try to pet it or touch it. You cannot claim that the parrot is very aggressive and will bite anyone. Why? Cause you have only just got the bloody animal. How do you know that it bites everyone? Maybe the parrot just doesnt like you. Maybe it thought you were trying to hurt it. Maybe it thought you were food. The point is, you dont fucking know why so you cant class the one time the parrot bit you as aggressive.

Had to tear you down. We live in the world of reality, not make believe. If you go around thinking that you can do things like tell the relationship status of men, then you will inevitably fall for much largers frauds, like psychic BS or astrology

girls may look more beautiful when in love, they may not also. Its impossible to quantify or measure in anyway. And dozens of other things affect the beauty of a woman, not purely her emotional status

what the fuck? dont try and justify a womans intuition with your logic. if she reackons she can do it then why question her? you got to realise that some things in life are bigger than you and your pathetic explanations. especially in the realm of relationships and such.

Bainesy

HSC
what the fuck yourself. I question her abilities because they are complete BS. She thinks she can "sense" things when she cannot, or atleast no better than the rest of us.

And yes I understand that I am not bigger than life itself. However my explanation is not pathetic, it explains why her "ability" is stupid. you simply cannot draw conclusions from a single experience. its just fucking insane. thats why scientific tests are done hundreds, even thousands of times.

once again I emphasise, we live in a world of reality. we cant go around believing in shit like this because its just plain stupid. wake up to the world, before you suddenly believe you have the ability to fly and jump of a building. cause if you believe this nonsense thats where you are headed

pinkyforce7

HSC
i hate people trying to justify everything with science. sure, i love science. i love finding logical explanations for stuff. but i think its degrading to our humanity when people try to veiw things such as emotions from a logical perspectives. our mind is construct, an existance that does not follow logical patterns. we can reduce our feelings to chemical imbalances. but really, why? as a musician and someone who appreciates art and literature, i think that we should celebrate the things that make us human, not try and justify our irrational thoughts and behaviours. maybe i put too much emphasis on my own irrational ideals. i dont care.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
pinkyforce7 said:
i hate people trying to justify everything with science. sure, i love science. i love finding logical explanations for stuff. but i think its degrading to our humanity when people try to veiw things such as emotions from a logical perspectives. our mind is construct, an existance that does not follow logical patterns. we can reduce our feelings to chemical imbalances. but really, why? as a musician and someone who appreciates art and literature, i think that we should celebrate the things that make us human, not try and justify our irrational thoughts and behaviours. maybe i put too much emphasis on my own irrational ideals. i dont care.
It is also human to question and attempt to make order.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
purplefruitloop said:
it's the confidence thing that gets me lol.
i find it that women who have partners have alot more confidence.
i find that extremely attractive.

lol.

agree with me?

or i guess, that's just me lol.
yeah confidence does make one appear/seem more attractive. however, i do not consider that sort of "confidence" real.

HSC
N/A
chamelia said:
Girl falls in love - girls love is reciprocated. Girl gets lazy. Get gets fat. Girl gets exceedingly uglier every month.
speaking from example are we?

Bainesy

HSC
pinkyforce7 said:
Im not trying justify everything with science. all things shouldnt be, as you said, a musician shouldnt have to. I agree. When you read a book that you love, you shouldnt know why, you should just accept that you love the book, or movie or song or painting or whatever it is that you love. The Arts should not be analysed through science.

However, we are not talking about the Arts. We are talking about a hunch that someone has which they think is totally accurate. Now thinking logically (not scientifically, they are different), this ability is complete nonsense. You cant form absolute opinions on a single experience

Now if we think scientifically, it is down to a thing called confirmation bias.

Now if you know these things, like I do, it is clear what is occuring and that the person with this "ability" is deluding themselves. if someone thought they could fly, and told you they were going to jump of a cliff, would you not try to step in and explain why they are wrong?

That is all i have done. and to do that, you need logic and science

cxlxoxk

HSC
Bainesy said:
Now if you know these things, like I do, it is clear what is occuring and that the person with this "ability" is deluding themselves. if someone thought they could fly, and told you they were going to jump of a cliff, would you not try to step in and explain why they are wrong?
Humans don't have wings. Humans do have minds however.

Forensic scientists can narrow down a crime to the criminal who did it and his or her age/personality, by looking at a crime scene, how the crime was committed, clues left at the scene, previous patterns/crimes (if the person is a recidivist), etc.

A doctor can narrow a patients disease by looking at patient's symptoms.

How is telling if someone is single or not by what they do impossible?

If you saw a young guy looking through a wedding ring catalogue, holding a wallet which has a picture of him and a young girl on it sharing a kiss, isn't that a pretty good indication by his behaviour as to whether he is single or not? (in this case - he's not, and possibly about to be engaged).

It's not that hard.

boris

Banned
HSC
yeah no thats not what a forensic scientist does

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I can't believe people are getting worked up about this haha. It's subjective anyway. Since when do we take threads in love and relationships seriously? Loler.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Forensic scientists can narrow down a crime to the criminal who did it and his or her age/personality, by looking at a crime scene, how the crime was committed, clues left at the scene, previous patterns/crimes (if the person is a recidivist), etc.
Um, actually, they're called Forensic Psychologists.

boris

Banned
HSC
yeah, forensic scientists look at microscopes and mass spectrometers and shit and it is very boring generally. Then they write a report about science stuff and hand it in.

boris

Banned
HSC
no because i have never seen that show as i only have 3 channels and one is sbs and one isnt abc. Lol look at the dude in the nsw gov thread. pretty cool guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)