• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

does any1 know?? (1 Viewer)

luckyduck

outta curiousity!
does any1 know anyone that did there hsc last year ? and got like an allright uai?hmmm ..say in the 70-100 uai range?? and failed all there assessment but did good in their final hsc??

is this possible?? :confused:

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
jezzmo managed a decent UAI (~76 IIRC) after some very poor assessment marks througout the year.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by Cyph
jezzmo managed a decent UAI (~76 IIRC) after some very poor assessment marks througout the year.
Stupid question but whats IIRC? Anyways I derserve my shitty 83.3 for failing my first standard english assesment task and failed almost all my first assement tasks for each subject but I did do alot better later on!! Average for my trials exams were around 60% so luckyduck dont give up!!

ps my marks are in my profile!!

HSC
wouldn't it really depend on how your grade performs in the final hsc exam? if your school generally does poorly then its not a good sign, but if your school kills hsc exams then you're ok... why not just make life easier for yourself and work harder and do well...

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^^ and whether all your grade fails the assesments as well, ie u fail with 40 percent and everyone else gets 20 percent thus you are still ahead of them

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
remember--the hsc counts for half and school counts for half, so fail everything at school and u still won't get a great mark overall :)

edit: "fail" as in behind everyone else as in low ranking NOT as in u "fail" and everyone else fail too.

Last edited:

untamedanimal

Thats not necessarily correct. You can come last in your class and still get a decent mark. Considering that your actually hsc mark is worth 50%, if your moderated assesment mark is something like 50, and you manage to pull of a miracly and get 90, your still looking at a mark of 70, which is much better than 50. And coming last in your class does not mean you are going terrible, eg lowest mark in my class for ext maths (non-selective school) was something like 60%, and thats not disastrous. Just try your hardest and you'll get the marks you deserve. Maximising your position will help in maximising your marks.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Marks of 70 are not going to get you a UAI in the 70-100 range :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)