Does anyone do International Studies? (1 Viewer)

Kenijoe

HSC
Hey everyone!
Im thinking of doing International Studies at UTS when i finish school but i want some feedback like on the course i,e what are the positives and negatives? is it interesting? etc

Thankyou

Mystique1

HSC
Wow i came to this section just to ask the exact same thing haha

Specific Questions:
- Anyone do Japanese studies?
- For the study abroad year, is there a period in between and how long is it?
- How intensive is the course?

Last edited:

Fruitsalad

HSC
Hey there :headbang:

I do international studies from this year (but in 2nd year overall), and also do Japanese studies. :)

You will have compulsory subjects and what semester and year you do them will depend on availability and whether they will clash with your other subjects.

This semester I'm doing Foundations in international studies. I know some people doing the same subject but who are a year older than me. This subject involves a lot discussion on international issues like food shortages, treaties, unions, and environmental responsibilities..
I know some people will find it a bit boring..but I'm liking it so far so this depends on personal interests.

I'm doing Japanese and am in middle level as I did cont and ext in high school. This involves a mix of speaking role play in front of the class, and the usual listening, reading, writing. I'm really enjoying class, although my times are from 4-6pm which means I'll be getting home in the dark from now.

Feel free to ask if you want to know more :wave:

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
im looking at doing a combo degree of mathematics and finance/International Studies.
does this still mean i study a year abroad?

leeaski

HSC
N/A
yes as long as it's a degree combined wit BA IntS,you would always go abroad for a year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)