Does anyone else have no idea what they're doing for their MW? (1 Viewer)

hope14

HSC
Ok, thanks. That actually makes a lot of sense. I just didn't want to get to the end and then feel like I could have done something else instead.
I'd love to read yours, if you don't mind.
Congrats on finishing EX2 and good luck for when you get the results.

teganjoyy

HSC
I get you, it's important to be happy to do what you are doing and think through all your options then eliminate them down! I sent you a PM hun. Thankyou so much :)

joscat

HSC
@hope- Probably anything from first-second wave feminism? That sort of power-of-women thing might fit your idea... I'm not sure though xD And yeah, it sounded like you had a good idea where you're going with it! I'm still a bit uncertain about mine; trying to get my idea down pat before I get started on the plot itself. I'm leaning towards using the original Hamlet characters but once I decide what I'm doing with plot I'll probably have to make some new ones as well ^^; Have you decided on whether you're using first or third person yet? :)

Also thanks to teganjoyy for great advice :) :)

hope14

HSC
Probably third as I want to explore both of their perspectives...

Actually, in saying that maybe first.

So... no I haven't really haha.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am freaking out though cause I was kinda happy with where my idea was going and now my teachers are saying I probs can't do it as it overlaps with my Ext History idea (i'm doing feminism). I'd thought I could just lessen the feminist aspect of EX2 but they don't think that will do. SOOO annoyed. I might be back to square 1 which is a terrifying thought!!!!!!!!!!!!

joscat

HSC
D888 Ahh that sucks! Have you thought about changing your history idea instead? *shot* Or is it something you're set on doing? It would be awful if you had to start from scratch though!

hope14

HSC
Tell me about it. *groan* I considered changing history but I have spent quite a bit of time thinking it out too and now my friend might be using my second idea (which I had discarded 'cause I thought I was happy) so I can't really take it back. Argh!! Either way I have to start from scratch on one or the other probably, so which one do I choose to keep???? What is your opinion??

joscat

HSC
a;sogab I don't knooow D888 I don't do hist ext, only modern history, so I don't know that much about the project.... but in all honesty it sounds like it might be easier changing your Ext2 subject if your history backup idea has been taken ^^; Did you have any other ideas for Ext2 that you could use?

Girls

HSC
I'm supposed to put in a very loose proposal by the end of this week but I'm struggling so hard. I'm thinking a collection of speeches, a critical response or a radio drama (if I can find a concept that is suited to it) currently. All I've really done in finding a concept is research into truth (or the objective lack of it).

hope14

HSC
@Girls: That sounds good. Out of curiousity re: the critical response, what kind of question would you write ? In reference to texts etc. ?? I am just considering one and want to sophistication level. Good luck with yours xo

@joscat: Yeah, it sounds like it might be easier to change EX2. I have an idea of how to maybe tweak my original idea slightly (do a different form of segregation) and then I have the idea for a critical response which I've kinda been mulling over too. But its still a big set back, which is concerning this early. (thing how many are still to come!!!) Also - I do Modern too!!!! It's definitely my favourite subject at the moment!! :D World War I :D :D (wait, is it wrong to be excited over war? haha)

hope14

HSC
The plot thickens...
When I spoke to my teacher today, she pretty much told me that both ideas I went to her with (one for a critical response and one that was a revised story idea) were 100% awful, unimaginative, no purpose etc etc.

Way to make me feel good!

joscat

HSC
@hope14- What! That's rather mean of her O__o I'm sure they weren't awful! What was the critical response idea? Did she at least give you some new ideas to work with? *sympathetic hugs*

At least it happened early on so there's time to fix things..

(I love the WWI topic as well :D It's actually the reason I picked Modern. What prelim topics did you do? We did the Romanovs and the Civil Rights Movement, it was epic :3)

Hila

HSC
I'm so screwed for this class...
Everyone I know have their whole plots figured out :p

hope14

HSC
@Hila: I certainly know how you feel. Hope my epic failure so far in this course is making you feel better. Good luck with it all xo

@joscat: Yeah, it was mean, especially since she's usually really nice. :( She didn't really offer any pointers, which was even more frustrating. I guess it is good that is has happened early but she could have tried harder to not make me want to cry. The critical idea was about the hyperbolised conformity in YA fiction.

(I love the WWI topic as well :D It's actually the reason I picked Modern. What prelim topics did you do? We did the Romanovs and the Civil Rights Movement, it was epic :3)
In Prelim we did the Holocaust, Tiananmen Square and World at start of 20th century. Sooooo good! But, again, a lot of people dying!! What elective topics are you guys doing this year??

Girls

HSC
Ok so at the moment I'm thinking of using the speechwriter for a major political figure (perhaps Obama - he didn't write "Yes We Can," despite who it is I would probably leave this ambiguous anyway with allusion to famous speeches) as a critique on American politics, namely the fact that they have no clear distinction between politics and entertainment (think the 2012 Republican Party Convention... that Clint Eastwood scene... wow. Just wow.) I'm thinking this could be a speech from the speechwriter him/herself, or a ficto-criticism featuring elements of the speechwriter. What makes such a fantastic wordsmith and artist take no claim of their own art and give it freely to someone else due to their superior oration skills? As art is expression of one's own truths and skill set, is speaking another's words symbolic of the destruction of art? I have a few things up my sleeve I suppose, but is this too pleb to tell my teacher about? I can't tell if it sounds good or not. Be brutally honest. If it's shit I want to know!

edit: American politics is one of my favourite topics but is it too common? Should my target be more niche?

hope14

HSC
Ok so at the moment I'm thinking of using the speechwriter for a major political figure (perhaps Obama - he didn't write "Yes We Can," despite who it is I would probably leave this ambiguous anyway with allusion to famous speeches) as a critique on American politics, namely the fact that they have no clear distinction between politics and entertainment (think the 2012 Republican Party Convention... that Clint Eastwood scene... wow. Just wow.) I'm thinking this could be a speech from the speechwriter him/herself, or a ficto-criticism featuring elements of the speechwriter. What makes such a fantastic wordsmith and artist take no claim of their own art and give it freely to someone else due to their superior oration skills? As art is expression of one's own truths and skill set, is speaking another's words symbolic of the destruction of art? I have a few things up my sleeve I suppose, but is this too pleb to tell my teacher about? I can't tell if it sounds good or not. Be brutally honest. If it's shit I want to know!

edit: American politics is one of my favourite topics but is it too common? Should my target be more niche?
Nope. I think it sounds good. I am struggling with a similar overused issue but honestly I think yours will be fine! It sounds like it has a lot of ways to develop etc. and you sound more than capable of doing it well. Aren't we meant to be choosing what we enjoy?? Therefore, I'd say go for it. I'd suggest looking on the notes from the marking centre from BOS for more info. about common topics.

joscat

HSC
ahhh sorry it took me so long to reply xPP

@hope- I'm sorry to hear that *hugs* Your critical idea sounds interesting! It's been a few days now so have there been any developments? have you decided for sure on whether to do critical or creative?

We did World at the start of 20th Century as well *forgot to mention that* Aha cool! the holocaust is always interesting! This year we're doing Germany for the national study, Leni Reifenstahl for the personality and Conflict in the Pacific. What about you?

hope14

HSC
@joscat: I think I will go critical... maybe... possible... argh! I thought I had decided and was so proud 'cause I never make decisions but I had! And now I am so far behind!!! I did some reading on conformity etc. but found an essay which was pretty much what I want to say - therefore questioning originality. What do you think?

We did World at the start of 20th Century as well *forgot to mention that* Aha cool! the holocaust is always interesting! This year we're doing Germany for the national study, Leni Reifenstahl for the personality and Conflict in the Pacific. What about you?
Wow! Coincidence! We are doing Germany, Leni and Cold War. So 2/3 in common!!
Out of curiousity, where are you guys up to in WWI at the moment?

Yeah both the Holocaust and Tiananmen were really good... Love Modern!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)