does anyone else have random songs in their head during exams?? (1 Viewer)

al_x

short*
HSC
redbloodedwoman said:
omg, the worst song is milkshake by kelis, once you hear it, its like stuck in your head for like three days!!
lol the other week my dad was watching some documentry on tv about black people, R&B and sex. and he was walking around singing that Kelis song... cept he didnt know the words so it was like "My milkshake is better than yours! Damn right my milkshake is better than yours!"
And im like (oh jesus) "not only are they not the words but... i'm so glad theyre not the words!"
ahh old people can be so funny

*Buttercup* said:
Lol now I have lucky star in my head…

During my german exam I had that schnappi song in my head… I wrote one german word that reminded me of it and then that was it, I was singin it for the rest of the time…

Schnee schnaa schnappi… schnappi schnappi schnapp…
I HATE THAT SONG SO BAD! and everyone knows it so theyre always singing it.. ahh! its like i hear the word "journey" everywhere i go these days... i hear that stupid song everywhere i go

Last edited:

intrik8

Rickman's Cod Piece
HSC
al_x said:
lol the other week my dad was watching some documentry on tv about black people, R&B and sex. and he was walking around singing that Kelis song... cept he didnt know the words so it was like "My milkshake is better than yours! Damn right my milkshake is better than yours!"
And im like (oh jesus) "not only are they not the words but... i'm so glad theyre not the words!"
ahh old people can be so funny
I can't stop laughing! That is hilarious!! But at the same time... So embarassing!

babywhitto

well the other week in my english paper 2 exam i got the old oopma loompa song in my head...that pissed me off!!! just that "oompa loompa doop-a-de-doo ive got another puzzle for you" was pissing me off!!

and the other day before our music exam we were singing the south african national anthem...dunno why really...s o that wa sin my head till the actual exam started.

Netty_M

HSC
I have the stupid oompaloompa song stuck in my head from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It better be gone before my Ancient exam tomorrow. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

freaked

HSC
HA!
I'm not crazy, other people are just like me.... Or maybe we all crazy

I was getting random song stuck in my head during exams (which isn't unusual, just annoying cause its the exams) so I've purposly listened to a song before the exam so thats the only one I have in my head

jynxe

HSC
In the Umat, for Section 3, I had Gorillaz' "Feel Good" stuck in my head. I think it made me go faster though.

In Modules I had a really slow song a friend had been singing the day before: "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban.

Aghhhhhh

*ccs*

omg...reading all these replies is gettin so many different songs in my head. i been studying all day and ive had "my humps" my the BEP's and its getting annoyin lol...ive had a different song for every exam and i agree it does affect the speed you write at...they should have like a 'calming" tape playing like those mountain or sea tapes lol just to get songs out of our heads b4 the exam...

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
i keep singing dont look back in anger by oasis. i say singing is good because it puts you in a good mood.

shakermaker

HSC
the last couple of exams i've gone into i get the new order tracks
Crystal and
Blue Monday.
The start of Blue Monday always gets me playin drums on the desk.

chockie

HSC
light of a fading star - flogging molly.

i was singing it in the most horrible irish accent too, wihch made me almost burst out laughing once or twice until i forgot the words and got annoyed.

Then fix you - coldplay, because it was playing in the music room next door.

MeLT87

!!!!!
HSC
no songs for me but the primary school next door has a tendancy to bang very large drums right on cue every exam, little brats! i know its not their fault but even if you could cope with the sound it is so out of rythm that its drives you mentally insane and the drumming is accompanied by other loud annoying musical instruments, our hall is right next to theirs so it can be painfully painfull
thats all....

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
chockie said:
light of a fading star - flogging molly.

i was singing it in the most horrible irish accent too, wihch made me almost burst out laughing once or twice until i forgot the words and got annoyed.

Same! Great song for an exam. I dont know all the words to the song, but seeing as the singer has got the strongest Irish accent Ive heard in a song, just copy it and no one knows the difference.

I know I have to have the most random songs in my head:

Dire Straits- Sultans of Swing
Lee Kernaghan- Hat Town
Kane- Rain down on Me (a personal fav.)
Coolio- Gangsta's Paradise
Any song on MoS Sessions Two (particularly Narcotic Thrust)
Bonnie Tyler- Total Eclipse of the Heart.
Michael JAckson- Thriller

My head is a jukebox

Skewl

HSC
During my legal exam i had the song because of u by Kelly Clarkson in my head and then in maths i had ghetto gospel by tupac and johnniee....SO WEIRD

chockie

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Same! Great song for an exam. I dont know all the words to the song, but seeing as the singer has got the strongest Irish accent Ive heard in a song, just copy it and no one knows the difference.

wow i thought i was the only strange person who listened to that band :p

JoeysBoy

HSC
For english paper 1 I had Elgar Cello Concerto second movement stuck in my head (the vivace one)... played by du pre. Also think one of the cadenza's in movement 1 or 4. Can't remember which one..

For SoR 1unit, I had thunderstruck in my head. lol...

For maths I had eagle eye cherry's "save tonight" (I love that song!)

For English paper 2 I had that Sandstorm dance song... and also eye of the tiger... thanks to year 10 dorms... grrr... they always get woken up by music (so cool!), though sucks when you want to get 5 minutes extra sleep. :angry:

For Ancient I had "touched"... not sure who the artist is. I love it =) Best song in the world :rolleyes:

For Bio, I had the Matrix song that Rammstien sang. I think it was Du Hast.

For music... I couldn't think of any songs because it was an aural :cool: .. hehe... kinda hard to hum to yourself when a wierd arse contempory song is playing (question 3 for music 1 students)

sausage roll

I was listening to the radio before I went to bed and some weird Christina Agu...(can't be bothered to spell her stupid name) song came on. So I've had this shit song in my head since then.

ashiebear

HSC
omg.. its so annoying having a song in ur head when ur doing an exam.. especially when u need to read the question about 50 times to understand what it is saying!.. i was listening to the radio pretty much all day 2day b4 business services, i probably shouldnt have been lol but anyway.. and then in my exam i had The Used - i caught fire.. omg.. i find them really annoying, but then that song is really catchy for some reason.. thankfully, thats the only exam when theres been a song in my head..

Pandaman

Reading all these posts brings a laugh, also because I get songs stuck in my head, mostly Queen (Bohemian Rhapsody and Don't Stop Me Now are good exam-stick-in-your-head type songs). When I told my older brother (HSC 2003) about these posts, he told me he had Homer Simpson saying "Eat the Pudding" over and over stuck in his head during his Ancient History exam (although it not quite a 'song', I thought it was funny and deserved a mention), he said it made the details of greek history quite hard to remember...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)