Does anyone else play the guitar? (1 Viewer)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I play guitar! I've been playing for 12 years but I'm not overly dedicated, it's just for fun.

turntaker

HSC
So I've heard from reviews. If you can look past the Squier brand then it would be a great guitar.

Bandmates would be fun though (if you got along). I've never been in a proper band.
I used to be in a band which lasted for about 2 months haha. Now I just play at school with my friends.

Do you think its possible to meet other band members at uni!

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
I've been in a few bands, they were good for the short term, but we all had very different musical tastes so they didn't survive past high school.

Should be able to meet potential band members at uni though, most of them have a musician's society. I'll be joining the USYD one next year.

Danoraptor

HSC
Uni Grad
How many years have you been playing

About 4 years

Self taught or lessons

Both, mainly self-taught

What type of guitar(s) do you play

My electric is a knock-off squier called "Arizona", I forgot what brand acoustic I have :/, I have a Squier precision Bass (my favourite) and a Mahalo Ukulele

How many guitars do you have

2 guitars, 1 bass, 1 ukulele

What style of songs do you like playing

I don't enjoy guitar very much. So when I play guitar (which is fairly rarely these days) I usually just play simple chord driven songs ie Nirvana or some cool licks ie Joy Division. However, I enjoy bass much more and like to play Oasis, Nirvana and Arctic Monkeys. I think Joy Division is particularly good for bass, because the guitar is so minimalistic, allowing the Bass to really shine.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Just curious if any person on BoS plays guitar.
Please include things like:

-How many years have you been playing?
-Self taught or took lessons?
-What type of guitar(s) do you play?
-How many guitars do you have?
-What style of songs do you like playing.

Yes.
-I've known how to play for 5 years
-Self taught
-I have an acoustic and a classical, but want an electric. Mainly play my acoustic
-Anything. I like punk/heavy metal stuff the most though (which is why I need an electric guitar)

Schmeag

HSC
N/A
Just curious if any person on BoS plays guitar.
Please include things like:

7, but don't play now due to a lack of time. Self-taught. Classical, electric, bass. Not jazz, because I don't have the skills.

HSC
N/A
I've been wanting to learn how to play a guitar. I don't think I will learn when I self study. I prefer someone teaching me all the basics.

therockmanfan

HSC
Three to four Years

Self Taught, YouTube Videos and online tutorials.

Electric Guitar, acoustic Guitar

I have three. Two electrics and one acoustic. I have a cheap second hand $50 Chinese branded electric, telecaster shape, along with a Fender Mexican standard Nashville Telecaster. My acoustic guitar is a $100 Livingstone Guitar from Aldi.....

I play a range of styles, but I love mainly Rock, Rock n Roll and Blues!

:guitar:

therockmanfan

HSC
YouTube tutorials saved my life! I tried getting lessons when I was in primary school and the teacher made me hate guitar with a passion. Years later I picked it back up and self taught on online tutorials. Not only is it free, you can learn at your own pace and learn the things "you" want to learn.

calamebe

HSC
Yeah I've been playing for 9 years. I mostly play rock, though I'm starting to play some metalcore.

turntaker

HSC
So update, I don't play as much these days. Thinking of upgrading my guitar so I can be more tempted to play haha.

Do any of you have a Cole Clark guitar?
Thinking of getting a locally hand built one for 1k-1.5k at the end of the year.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
So update, I don't play as much these days. Thinking of upgrading my guitar so I can be more tempted to play haha.

Do any of you have a Cole Clark guitar?
Thinking of getting a locally hand built one for 1k-1.5k at the end of the year.
I don't, but I've got friends who do. I picked up my Maton for about that price, a Cole Clark around that would be great too.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Self taught acoustic guitar, play it once in awhile in the holidays haha

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
You need to learn some basic musical theory before you can practice learning chords and stuff otherwise it will be confusing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)