Does anyone else... (1 Viewer)

Chocolat

HSC
...feel like they've chosen the wrong subjects to study?

Because I sure do. Gosh. If ONLY I could turn back time to that fateful day when we had to submit our Year 11 subject forms.

For me, I really regret English Extension and Chemistry. I was sort of forced to do Ext English in Year 11 due to a strong ranking in Year 10, when I actually enjoyed English. Needless to say, I didn't live up to my teacher's expectations, because right from the get go, I knew I wasn't going to enjoy the course. Actually no, I DO enjoy the course. I just hate the assessments. So much work for a 1 Unit subject. Even if it is Ext. With the amount of effort that I put in, my results were pretty good.
And then there's Chemistry. I wish that my parents weren't so Science oriented. It does have a level of interest...but hmmm...I'm not a Chemistry person. Yet I'm stuck doing it for Year 12 and I am literally positive and I am going to stuff up majorly on it. I originally wanted to do Italian Beginners (it's on the same line as Chemistry) but no.

Lol. Okay that was so random. But yeh. I was just thinking about it and wondering if anyone out there has the same feelings regarding their subjects. Oh, and my apologies in advance if this sort of topic has already been started by someone else...

vorahk

HSC
umm what are you complaining about then lol, you re getting good marks in eng ext 1, yeah my brother told me its a lot of work and its not worth doing as its only 1 unit.. and he was right, i didnt do it and im very glad i didnt lol.

as for chem, i really think you should drop it if you dont like it that much, i know its your parents, may be have a chat with your teachers, year advisor about it, see what they think.

or even try getting your teachers n co to talk about dropping chem with your parents.

as for me im stuck, locked in place. i hate maths ext 1 but i need it for uni, so i HAVE to do it.

syera

HSC
N/A
why don't u just drop chemistry or extension english? -- or are u already dropping something else?
I do both those subjects, and i'm dropping chemsitry =]

Chocolat

HSC
I am dropping English Extension 1, much to the discontent of my teacher. But in the end, I had to ask myself whether I was going to be willing to commit to the course in Year 12 and the answer was an overwhelming NO. It's sort of sad because the English Ext 2 course is so appealing to me, but you need to do English Ext 1; so that's out of the question. Instead, I'm going to pick up French Extension.
On the other hand, I too am stuck with Chemistry. Mainly for two reasons: I have absolutely no idea what I want to do after school, and from what I've seen in university brochures, Chemistry is pretty popular as a pre-requisite. Secondly, my parents would never allow me to drop it :(.

IceOnFire

HSC
Chocolat said:
I am dropping English Extension 1
Go Girl!! Yes you can see my pure hatred for that subject. :D

But ya, if you do english ext and enjoy it, then good on you.

Chocolat

HSC
IceOnFire said:
Go Girl!! Yes you can see my pure hatred for that subject. :D

But ya, if you do english ext and enjoy it, then good on you.
Lol. I enjoy the course...it's interesting. Just the assessments...OMG! So many of them! And they're not exactly a walk in the park either and our teachers have extremely high expectations...so yeh thus why I am dropping it:).
I mean, being asked to compare and contrast T.S. Eliot poems, 'Heart of Darkness' and 'Apocalypse Now'...almost killed me!

vorahk

HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
Legal Studies and Biology are not my type of subjects. Although my rank is surprisingly high for Legal and my marks decent in Bio, I feel that I don't understand anything.

I regret not doing Visual Arts and Geography.
lol? how did these subject turn up here?

oh well, i love bio, its my best subject ^^.

as for bio, its fun, interesting to me but not doing as good.

lol noone in my grade chose geography XD

bridging course = less holiday :(

vorahk

HSC
hmmm food tech *drools i still remember the day i baked my first cake in year 8 XD

*sighs good times

woah, you re right, you re a girl and you chose legal over food tech, thats really something.

ermm let me rephrase my last post....

"i love legal, its my best subject ^^.

as for bio, its fun, interesting to me but not doing as good."

dont know what happened there...

vorahk

HSC
o_O lol poor thing,

well like i said, i love it ^^, i did work experience at a law firm (i walked around the city, hoping to find one) and yeah it was great, went to courts with my lawyers and i bumped into my friend at lunch break, she then took me to the downing centre to hear this bank robbery case.

my brother does law at unsw lol, so yeah legal just broadens my law experience.

the friend i bumped into also does legal with me and she has a lot of amazing stories to tell in class to like every topic we do ^^. some we did together, so eyah i love it its really fun and interesting.

sorry didnt mean to write that much.

IceOnFire

HSC
vorahk said:
o_O lol poor thing,

well like i said, i love it ^^, i did work experience at a law firm (i walked around the city, hoping to find one) and yeah it was great, went to courts with my lawyers and i bumped into my friend at lunch break, she then took me to the downing centre to hear this bank robbery case.

my brother does law at unsw lol, so yeah legal just broadens my law experience.

the friend i bumped into also does legal with me and she has a lot of amazing stories to tell in class to like every topic we do ^^. some we did together, so eyah i love it its really fun and interesting.

sorry didnt mean to write that much.
Wow it's really great that you already know the direction you are going into in the future... :)

RedTape

HSC
As much as I'm interested in legal studies, I'm having a lot of trouble absorbing all of the theory into my mind.
Ah well, already dropping Ancient History. That was a nightmare.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Well I'm definately dropping English Extension because it was my major source of stress throughout these three terms.

I got to start taking Biology more seriously starting next term cause I took it too lightly and it really screwed up my prelims. It took me only 1 out of the 2 hours of the exam time to complete the test so i must've done something wrong there. Like the time I missed a whole page of a physics test...grrr.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
~shinigami~ said:
Well I'm definately dropping English Extension because it was my major source of stress throughout these three terms.

I got to start taking Biology more seriously starting next term cause I took it too lightly and it really screwed up my prelims. It took me only 1 out of the 2 hours of the exam time to complete the test so i must've done something wrong there. Like the time I missed a whole page of a physics test...grrr.
Extension english was fun for me, which is more than what I could say for advanced english :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)