Does anyone have a PlayStation Three? (1 Viewer)

Xu

dangerous driver
HSC
N/A
I have been thinking of buying one for my brother's birthday, so naturally I'll also get to play from time to time:rofl: , and I was wondering if it has a lot of "motion control" games like the Wii.. I think those are really really fun.

zingerburger

HSC
The PS3 doesn't have any games that take much advantage of the Sixaxis yet, and is unlikely to because of the limited ability of the controller's motion sensing. Don't expect anything like Wii Sports.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
not interested yet. Maybe when games like MGS4 or a FF game comes out, i might consider it if the price is right.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I would be tempted at a similar price point to what the 360 costs, in the future, but for $1,000 it's just laughable, especially considering the horrible range of games they have now.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't pay any more than 600-650. I think it will probably be close to that by the end of the year. When it finally occurs to them that they aren't going to be selling too much at 1000 any time soon.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Hahaha exactly. Normally I think price changes take a while to occur, but PS3 are really getting killed horribly by the other systems.

Xbox 360: 10.5 million
PS3: 3 million
Wii: 6.5 Million

iamsickofyear12

HSC
stazi said:
I would be tempted at a similar price point to what the 360 costs, in the future, but for $1,000 it's just laughable, especially considering the horrible range of games they have now.
That's what I am thinking as well. I'm waiting until GTA 4 comes out but I am leaning heavily towards the 360 at this point. Even if the ps3 comes down in price I might buy a 360 anyway because after this $1000 rip off I don't particularly like sony.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
why would you get the ps3 for gta4? its also coming out on xbox 360 and it will have have episodic content available for download after the game comes out (kind of like oblivion does)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
stazi said:
why would you get the ps3 for gta4? its also coming out on xbox 360 and it will have have episodic content available for download after the game comes out (kind of like oblivion does)
I wouldn't be buying it specifically for GTA 4, that's just about the time I will be looking to buy either a 360 or ps3.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
fair enough. it's just that if i had both a ps3 and xbox 360, id buy the game for the 360 because of that bonus feature. id be buying the ps3 for mgs and final fantasy

Pranav

HSC
i've heard from ppl with a ps3 that hey totally regret it. hard luk for them. $1000 down tha drain.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
I wouldn't pay any more than 600-650. I think it will probably be close to that by the end of the year. When it finally occurs to them that they aren't going to be selling too much at 1000 any time soon.
Haha, yeah, I'm putting my money on that drop happening exactly 1 month before christmas.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
The cases for ps3 look cheap an crappy.

I know it should be about the game, but... they really could have done a better job on the case design...

Xu

dangerous driver
HSC
N/A
zingerburger said:
The PS3 doesn't have any games that take much advantage of the Sixaxis yet, and is unlikely to because of the limited ability of the controller's motion sensing. Don't expect anything like Wii Sports.
I agree that it is a bit expensive at the moment, but I have two of those $500 Myer gift cards (that my dad claimed from the RSL, in true Asian gambling spirit) which are about to expire. We already have a Wii that my mother hogs all day long.. hehe, so if not many games on the PlayStation plays like Wii Sports yet, then I might find something else to buy. :) Thanks for the responses everyone!

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
No games will ever play like wii sports on the playstation 3. ever. they're completely different consoles. Playstation 3 is more like the xbox 360. The wii is in a class of its own.

Bendent

HSC
yeah i have it the only game i have is sims 2 and it is really shyt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)