Does anyone know how PDHPE scales? (1 Viewer)

theEXIT

HSC
I've been having a hard time choosing between dropping Ancient History or PDHPE and was wondering how PDHPE scales generally?

Tofuu

HSC
i'm not sure but i heard PDHPE actually scales pretty well
check with someone else incase i was mistaken

HSC
How does PDHPE scale?

I'm thinking about changing from economics to PE. I wanted to pick pe before but someone convinced me not to do it & now i regret it. And am hoping to do something about it.

maths94

HSC
Re: How does PDHPE scale?

well in terms of scalingg economics is much better than P.E, and i see the subject you are doing in your signature seem that you are a smart person, so either of those subjects wouldnt be to hardd for you. Personally i would choose economics as I like it better and the scaling. But its up to you

ilikebeeef

HSC

I'm thinking about changing from economics to PE. I wanted to pick pe before but someone convinced me not to do it & now i regret it. And am hoping to do something about it.
PE scales badly in comparison to Economics, but if you think you'll do A LOT better and enjoy PE a lot more, then why not. Why do you regret Eco?

well in terms of scalingg economics is much better than P.E, and i see the subject you are doing in your signature seem that you are a smart person, so either of those subjects wouldnt be to hardd for you. Personally i would choose economics as I like it better and the scaling. But its up to you
Subject difficulties are subjective.

Villa94

HSC

occer

HSC
N/A

A hell of a lot worse than Eco.

Stick with it.

Clank_

HSC

Ive got a question about this table if anyone can answer. I was told that Extension English scaled up well so i chose it to have better scaling subjects. Why does it show the scaled mark lower than the HSC mark on the table?? Does this mean it gets scaled down? Any help appreciated.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but most subjects do 'scale down' (MX2 usually being the only exception). EE1 however is one the better scaling subjects. Also you shouldn't choose subjects solely on scaling, choose subjects you'll enjoy.

@ OP
Don't be so quick to judge subjects. It's been barely a week back, and you've no doubt have had very few lessons. Give it a bit more time, but as others have stated PE does scale rather lower than economics does.

Villa94

HSC

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most subjects do 'scale down' (MX2 usually being the only exception). EE1 however is one the better scaling subjects. Also you shouldn't choose subjects solely on scaling, choose subjects you'll enjoy.

@ OP
Don't be so quick to judge subjects. It's been barely a week back, and you've no doubt have had very few lessons. Give it a bit more time, but as others have stated PE does scale rather lower than economics does.
Thanks. I do enjoy english so thats why i chose extension. But what i didnt get is that everything gets scaled down. Teachers said some normal subjects and extension subjects scaled well so i thought it meant scaled up not down.

HSC

PE scales badly in comparison to Economics, but if you think you'll do A LOT better and enjoy PE a lot more, then why not. Why do you regret Eco?

Subject difficulties are subjective.
I just don't find it appealing. And I got lost. And I think it's kinda boring, for me. No offence.

mfbertenshaw

HSC
N/A

No offence taken - I do not do Economics, and understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinions. :)

Do you really like PDHPE?
PDHPE is seen to be a difficult subject and therefore is scaled well. You can get very high marks min PDHPE if you are interested in it and work hard.

mfbertenshaw

HSC
N/A
I've been having a hard time choosing between dropping Ancient History or PDHPE and was wondering how PDHPE scales generally?
Most students who take PDHPE achieve a higher mark in PDHPE than their other subjects. It is positively scaled.

sannous1

HSC
hey i did pd/h/pe and i loved it, it all depends if your going to enjoy it or not. If i pushed myself abit more for pd, i think i would have done better, i managed a 83 for my hsc, but thats still pretty good, u dont have to work that hard for pd , most of it is general knowledge, and if not its good because u can always relate it to ur body and sports u enjoy . But like i said i had friends who didn't really have a passion for it and did not enjoy it at all. But ancient is hard work i know that for a fact. Goodluckk.

theEXIT

HSC
hey i did pd/h/pe and i loved it, it all depends if your going to enjoy it or not. If i pushed myself abit more for pd, i think i would have done better, i managed a 83 for my hsc, but thats still pretty good, u dont have to work that hard for pd , most of it is general knowledge, and if not its good because u can always relate it to ur body and sports u enjoy . But like i said i had friends who didn't really have a passion for it and did not enjoy it at all. But ancient is hard work i know that for a fact. Goodluckk.
yeah im pretty sure that ill drop ancient history now,
but its still pretty scary
is 11 units ok?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)