Does anyone know how PDHPE scales? (1 Viewer)

Schoey93

HSC
I've been having a hard time choosing between dropping Ancient History or PDHPE and was wondering how PDHPE scales generally?
Generally is the key word here. Note that I have not used the word 'always' in the following sentence. PDHPE generally scales better than Ancient History.

I was going to do PDHPE but I finally chose to study the law instead. Legal Studies generally scales better than PDHPE. My category A electives (Biology, Italian Continuers, Legal Studies) scale similarly or better than those of a girl in my year (she does Maths Extension) - Biology, Food Technology, PDHPE. Legal Studies and Italian generally trump Food Technology and PDHPE. This gives me motivation to work to the best of my ability in these subjects in order to achieve an ATAR greater than someone intelligent who does one of the best scaling subjects.

Last edited:

theEXIT

HSC
well, i took the plunge the other
day and dropped ancient history.
Am feeling so much happier now that i can focus better
on other subjects like Extension 2 Maths and even PDHPE.

1titanic

HSC
Wooh... this is hard to answer considering i do both of these subjects (PDHPE and ECO)..... for my opinion PDHPE is a fun subject and eco is fun to understand the outside world economy......but it is your choice which one you will like!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)