• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does anyone know if I can get into medicine without bio or chem? (1 Viewer)

v.tex

HSC
Hey guys, have kinda have had a change of heart concerning what I want to pursue after school and am thinking of medicine.

The thing is I am not doing bio or chem :(

I am doing Physics and Earth.

Can I still make it into medicine after school?

I know Monash requires chem so definitely not there.

wildwestworm

HSC
I know unsw doesn't require chem or bio. I remember when I went to the open day there was this girl who only did math and all her other subjects were non stem related, she was like a third year med student there. If you're still worried, maybe you could do a bridging course? But even so I'm pretty sure you'll be okay as long as you get a high atar and good ucat 😊

v.tex

HSC
Ok thanks guys. One more thing- do you reckon I have doomed myself doing earth as it scales pretty rubbish on the low end.

wildwestworm

HSC
Ok thanks guys. One more thing- do you reckon I have doomed myself doing earth as it scales pretty rubbish on the low end.
IMO I think you should just focus on getting the highest marks possible and not rlly worry about scaling. You can't really change subjects now so I don't think there's a point in believing you've doomed yourself, you haven't btw I'm sure you'll still get a high enough atar for med if you do really well 😌

wildwestworm

HSC
I'm gonna be honest, I think you should start soon. The UCAT testing period ends in two months and most people start practicing very early, pretty much at the start of year 12. You need a high UCAT for med and it's not easy to achieve that for most people even with months of practice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)