Does anyone know of any tyrants? (1 Viewer)

HSC
For legal studies. I tried googling but there was nothing, and my textbook only offers one example. Anyone know any; Australian ones would be good but I seriously just need any at this point.

enoilgam

HSC
There arent many Australian tyrants, although you could maybe argue that William Bligh was one.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Mugabe (Zimbabwe) is probably one of the best more modern examples. Pinochet, Stalin, Mao, Castro, Pol Pot and Hitler are all very well-known figures who fit the definition. As for Australian tyrants? Good luck finding a genuine one (note: that's a good thing). You're looking for a leader who is, for want of more accurate description, an evil bastard. They are generally highly repressive of the population (particularly their political opposition) and their rule is usually marked by cruelty and human rights violations. The most tyrannical thing I can think of a recent(ish) Australian leader doing is probably Menzies' attempt to ban the communist party as it violated the right to freedom of association and was oppressive of individual free will and of Menzies' own political opposition.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
tryrants ---> trydamere ---> trydabad

amirite realisenothing.

beyond_infinity93

HSC
This is probably too late haha, but I recently did a presentation on despots/tyrants and I did Pol Pot (Cambodia) and Suddam Hussein (Iraq)

There are a few others that I can come up with on the top of my head
`Kim Jong Un
`Kim Jong Il
`Robert Mugabe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)