Does anyone regret doing this subject? (1 Viewer)

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Originally posted by ~ForAGoodCause~
i would have definitely done physics instead!

lol but im over it, its stupid to regret things you cant change, just think positive and stick with it.:)
I love ancient history, but i still cant help feel that doing physics would have complemented my 4 unit maths...

Procras_witfood

Originally posted by ~ForAGoodCause~
i would have definitely done physics instead!

I swapped physics for ancient...

Ancient bores me to tears. I should've done legal instead.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
nah, ancient is great :D

the satisfaction you get from being able to rattle off the history of Rome is unparalleled.

sillychikki

HSC
Ancient is what keeps me going to school!! even if it is considered an easy subject, its still easy as to get fantastic marks in and most of all.... its fun!
its way better than memorising case law(been there, done that) and not as analytical as modern, and not maths oriented (maths freaks that do physics and 4 unit!)
nope, i wouldnt have done anything else instead... i dont regret doing it

malayz_angel

I want to go into law yet I didn't do Legal Studies because I was told that it would clash with Ancient History and I've never regretted that choice. Although English used to be my favourite subject, it dropped dramatically in my favour when we got a new teacher and now Ancient History is. It's easy to get good marks in and even though I would have rather done Ancient Egypt, it's still pretty cool to learn about Cyrus the Great, Cambyses, Darius, Xerxes, Artaxerxes and the rest. By the way, it was actually Economics that Legal Studies clashed with and I would have givven up Economics for Legal. Oh well. :p It's all good.

tash

lalalala
HSC
yeah i would've chosen physics over ancient but chose music over physics and did physics at tafe- don't try it- but otherwise if i hadn't done that then i would've done chemistry instead of ancient and modern history- damn clashing subjects

sillychikki

HSC
um enjoy it and then it comes easier?

no seriously just know your primary sources inside out and back to front and how they can be used to support your arguments. Secondary sources too much they're not as important. It helps if you know a few terms and what they mean... the ones not in english. Keeping a glossary helps, where you write down all the new terms and phrases you come across. g'luck.:D

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Well the secret to Ancient History is wide reading. Dont just stop at reading all of the ancient sources, read as many of the modern sources in order to develop your own views on certain issues. I.e. take an arguement from one author, some more from others, and intergrate them to make your replies unique.

Wiggum

Exactly, that's the best way for learning what you need to know. The modern historians accompany the ancients and provide you with valuable quotes for the HSC.

Ancient is alright i guess, i don't really regert doing it, even thought it is starting to get just that little bit boring...you learn to cope.

duckie

uhm...

ancient was great ...last year because i studied some cool things and most my evidence was object based...and plus i had a great teacher...and i get at least 70 somthing %
this year i dont like my topics..and i changed teachers...i raher study egypt then greece. i cant remember quotes for evidence...! and im failing in all my exam i got 50% for half yearly and around 15% for my assessment...

malayz_angel

Ancient is soooo much more interesting than Modern. Even though I prefer my Mod (and also Ext) teacher to my Ancient teacher, the subject definitely makes up for it. There's just something very fascinating and intriguing about a world in which kids didn't have to do the HSC, they just had to be strong enough to be accepted, train in sports all their lives and if they were women, had to bear healthy kids. lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)