Does CAFS scale your marks down? (1 Viewer)

hairspray

HSC
I am very confused about the scaling for CAFS. Everyone at my school refers to CAFS as a subject for dumb people so therefore it would scale my marks down. I don't find CAFS as a particularly hard subject (my lowest mark in CAFS was 95%- yearly exam), so can anyone tell me more about the scaling for CAFS?

carlz77

HSC
Cafs does not scale badly providing you do well at it, as with any subject. Cafs is not a subject for "dumb people", it has a lot of content and you need to be able to answer all questions to satisfy the requirements of the markers. Its more than people make it out to be. So if you are maintaining high marks like your 95% you should be fine. Remember if your school mark/rank is good that gives you an advantage going into the HSC.
goodluck!

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
it won't change your marks, you'll keep all your marks, it's just that your UAI contribution would be less. See if you got 95 in your HSC for cafs and got 95 for Engilsh advanced, English will take your UAI sky rocketing but cafs won't have that strong of an impact.
This knowledge sent me into complete panic for the whole of my HSC year and I fought tooth and nail to make sure I ranked first as well as ensuring I knew the syllabus and content inside out and back to front. It shouldn't be a problem if you know that you can rely on yourself to get through the course, unlike in some other subjects you probably can't fall back on the others in your class because they probably don't care as much as you do (no one else in my class cared, except maybe one or two) also try and send out your notes and essays to other people in your class after the trials are over and tell them all to memorise, so that if you do stuff up the exam you have some slim hope of someone else holding you up.
I ended up coming first by about 4 marks, which benefited me in the HSC so much because the girl who came 2nd ended up with a final mark of 89 and anything under 90 WILL unfortunately, have a negative effect on your UAI.
Don't stress out too much (I know I made it sound quite doom and gloom) just trust in yourself and whoop everyone's arses!

HSC
ahen said:
it won't change your marks, you'll keep all your marks, it's just that your UAI contribution would be less. See if you got 95 in your HSC for cafs and got 95 for Engilsh advanced, English will take your UAI sky rocketing but cafs won't have that strong of an impact.
This knowledge sent me into complete panic for the whole of my HSC year and I fought tooth and nail to make sure I ranked first as well as ensuring I knew the syllabus and content inside out and back to front. It shouldn't be a problem if you know that you can rely on yourself to get through the course, unlike in some other subjects you probably can't fall back on the others in your class because they probably don't care as much as you do (no one else in my class cared, except maybe one or two) also try and send out your notes and essays to other people in your class after the trials are over and tell them all to memorise, so that if you do stuff up the exam you have some slim hope of someone else holding you up.
I ended up coming first by about 4 marks, which benefited me in the HSC so much because the girl who came 2nd ended up with a final mark of 89 and anything under 90 WILL unfortunately, have a negative effect on your UAI.
Don't stress out too much (I know I made it sound quite doom and gloom) just trust in yourself and whoop everyone's arses!
yeah exactly what she said lol

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
ahen said:
it won't change your marks, you'll keep all your marks, it's just that your UAI contribution would be less.
This.

HSC
well we got told its not that great if you get lower than a band 5 :p
im currently ranked around 1st though & remember your rank means alot :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)