• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does doing IT scale you down? (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
no no, ur assessment marks internally in school as well as ur ranks, for IT mean jack shit, its a backup for misadventure, only ur dead set final exam counts, and it is also scaled, this is how it goes, since its only ur exam mark thats counted, thats automatically going to be ur HSC mark, this exam mark is actually scaled by BOS, but then UAC does some nasty shit and scales it down, and this scaled number from UAC is added to other scaled numbers from other subjects to form a Aggregate, which is ur UAI.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
So basically, ur UAI gets screwed over no matter how good or badly u do practically speaking

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Wild Dan Hibiki
So basically, ur UAI gets screwed over no matter how good or badly u do practically speaking
Hell no....

Say you got 70 Raw for the IT Exam, and say that this mark was the scale up cut-off for BOS, they'll probably scale that up to 75 or higher or even 80 i'm not sure how they work, and from this scaled mark they get your actual HSC Mark, your HSC Mark is given to UAC, UAC does some scaling to this HSC Mark, usually drags it down a bit and then this mark turns from a HSC Mark to part of your aggregate, your aggregate is essentially your UAI it's made up of 500.

Winston

HSC
So.... theres a chance that it gets scaled up?
I think, don't quote me on this, that at a certain mark you obtain , this is speaking in terms of Raw mark, if this is what BOS considers as the scaling point, then your mark will scale up, basically you'd just want to reach higher so that BOS can scale you up really high, even if UAC scales it down, you can't really say UAC is scaling it down, it's just working out the actual figure for the subject so that you can add it to make up your Aggregate which is essentially your UAI.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
i got my half yearly for IT 2morrow. does it count towards anything?

Winston

HSC
i got my half yearly for IT 2morrow. does it count towards anything?
No it doesn't, it does get put into internal assessment marks, you stiill have rankings for IT... but internal assessment marks as well as ranks dont count towards the process of creating your HSC Mark for IT, the internal marks and ranks is only a BACKUP for you if you were sick on the day for the IT Exam. They might review your internal assessment stuff and give u some average mark. But still try your best in all exams, at least it's a confident booster, but if u fail one its not the end of the world. Esp for IT, in IT you should aim to complete ALL your competency tasks so u get ur Certificate 2 and yeah besides that play around in exams, and practice and demonstrate how u should allocate time for your exams, so that when the real exam comes you're set to know how you're gonna do wat in the actual exam.

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
I have to dissagree with you winston. Board requirements and facilitator requirements are that a teacher is not to give marks for assessment tasks. Only a competent mark. Not highly competent or low competent.

The only mark that is submitted to the board if a misadventure is filled out and succeeded is the Trial exam and only if a UAI is needed. If you don't need a UAI then no marks are sent. So your teachers are incorrect if they are given you assessment marks and ranks for ITVET.

Thats not to say that I disagree with exams. They are good match practice and they help me to write reports on how a student is performing in IT but the marks are not recorded.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Andrew_Blackwel
I have to dissagree with you winston. Board requirements and facilitator requirements are that a teacher is not to give marks for assessment tasks. Only a competent mark. Not highly competent or low competent.

The only mark that is submitted to the board if a misadventure is filled out and succeeded is the Trial exam and only if a UAI is needed. If you don't need a UAI then no marks are sent. So your teachers are incorrect if they are given you assessment marks and ranks for ITVET.

Thats not to say that I disagree with exams. They are good match practice and they help me to write reports on how a student is performing in IT but the marks are not recorded.

Oh sorry... i thought that was the case... we had ranks still in our school lol it was weird.

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
My executive used to tell me to give them who was the top student in my class and I would say that I cant because all the students were competent

wallid

HSC
so all that counts to your uai is the actual hsc exam? and this subject wont affect yoru uai to badly if u do well in it?

winston what you get in your I T exam?

Winston

HSC
yupp only the HSC Exam is it, it does get scaled i'm sure it does, i got 85... lol i made a big mistake by leaving an hr and 1/2 early, coz our school was a little gay with our formal tickets ahha so i left early to get them :p... but the point is, i was ranked from 1st i remember and dropping to 3rd or 4th and yet i still got higher than the one ranked second, and im not sure about 1st.. but yea, it shows that the ranks meant nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)