Does Extenion 2 English help in getting into Law? (1 Viewer)

Manan

HSC
Hi,

Im currently doing ext 2 english, and I was wondering if this would help me in anyway in applying to get into law. I know that the important thing is the UAI, etc, but could the ext 2 come into play for 2nd year transfers etc?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I think second year transfer will be judged on first year performance

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Law does require competency in english, but I don't think the HSC english syllabuses (syllabi?) promotes that type of competency much.

HSC
in transferring to law, they dont look at the hsc subjects you do at all. its 50% uai and 50% marks in uni subjects.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ext2 English = Marked extended ability to bullshit.

Id be more inclined to say Philosophy and a History background would better help you

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
English is the most important subject for law.

However, as the appositely named "the wigged one" said, the universities won't consider what subjects you did for acceptance into law, or transferring, so long as you have competency in 2U of English (I believe English Advanced is strongly recommended however).

Acceptance procedures notwithstanding, 4U will help you improve your language, and that's always good (though you can do that pretty well by reading lots of Austen or some such thing). Plus, if you're good at creative writing, it's easier than Advanced and Extension 1 English :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)