does Gen. Math effect UAI (1 Viewer)

angel_eyes870

HSC
Hi, can anyone tell me if General math really drags you're UAI down? i do well in all my other subjects, and i'm also first in General. Does the Scaling mean that even if i go really well in General i will get a crappy UAI?

I can't seem to get a straight answer, any ideas would be much appreciated

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
A straight and simple answer would be no.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
If you do well in general, and as you stated you are first in the class, any scaling will barely affect you. So keep up the good work and stay up there in those ranks! :)

Pace_T

HSC
its not so much general maths scaling down that much. but its how well adv maths, ext, ext 2 contribute to ur uai because the scaling for those subjects are really good.

iamko0l

HSC
i'm currently in 2u adv maths.. but really am struggling (ranking in the lower end of the class) and thinking of dropping down to general. would that be a wise move in terms of uai and scaling?

P

pLuvia

Most probably yes, if you do well in General it would definately be better than doing real crap in 2u

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
do what would make you feel better. no point struggling and feeling like crap. confidence is important.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
Going good in a bad subject is better then going bad in a good subject.
lol and what exactly are these 'bad' subjects?

anyway, if you do very very well, 'negative' scaling wont affect you much.

Bastard_Child

HSC
I am doing Economics, PDHPE, Advanced English, Hospitality, Legal Studies, 1 unit SOR and General Maths.
I get pretty good marks in all except maths, which I suck at.
Given that I have 13 units and am aiming at a UAI of 90.00, can anyone suggest if it would be better to drop it or keep it on and bust my ass to try and pick it up.
Cheers

kolgf

HSC
Bastard_Child said:
I am doing Economics, PDHPE, Advanced English, Hospitality, Legal Studies, 1 unit SOR and General Maths.
I get pretty good marks in all except maths, which I suck at.
Given that I have 13 units and am aiming at a UAI of 90.00, can anyone suggest if it would be better to drop it or keep it on and bust my ass to try and pick it up.
Cheers
DROP!!!

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
yep, drop it. thats what rafy did, because he really did suck at general maths. a huge burden has lifted from his shoulders, replaced with many many study periods to work hard on his other subjects.

Bastard_Child

HSC
Thanks guys,
I really need those study periods and I think that if I go into the HSC with gen maths my UAI will drop dramatically.
I will see my careers advisor in the next few days,
Cheers,
BC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)